Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i went to clean my bike and was gonna debadge it when i noticed that the "Kawasaki" stickers on my tank, one was clear coated on and the other wasnt. is this a screw up and they're both supposed to be or not supposed to be? it just sucks cause i wanted the whole clean look but looks like ill have to keep those. my friend is convinced that the one that feels clearcoated on can come off but i cant get under the edge to save my life. whats goin on?

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by nevada
they want their bike "branded" for as long as possible. its all advertising for them. so ofcourse they clear it.
I think there's more to it than that..

Besides, I'd leave mine on there anyway. I don't have a problem getting rid of all the other decals, but why get rid of the Kawasaki sticker? I think it looks....wrecked and repainted...without it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

Besides, I'd leave mine on there anyway. I don't have a problem getting rid of all the other decals, but why get rid of the Kawasaki sticker? I think it looks....wrecked and repainted...without it.
+1, whenever I am looking to buy a used bike, if it doesn't have the tank stickers, I always assume it's been crashed.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Razor blade? That will scratch your shit up...Just use a blow dryer and peel it off. That should do the trick.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978
Razor blade? That will scratch your shit up...Just use a blow dryer and peel it off. That should do the trick.
x2!!!!! I wouldn't take a razor blade anywhere near my paint! lol

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
If the razor blade doesn't work, hit it with a belt sander with some 80 grit on it. I think that may work. J/K honestly though, why take all the badges off? You have a 636, they aren't made anymore, personally I want to advertise it but to each their own....oh and NOBODY try the belt sander thing...ok?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Originally posted by Riding4life
If the razor blade doesn't work, hit it with a belt sander with some 80 grit on it. I think that may work.
[:M50]

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Matte (flat plasma blue)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

[:++1]

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would like to remove mine too but I can't. Unless I want to get the tank painted.

The only reason I want mine does is because I got new gold stickers from tape works. My bike is an 03 but I ordered the 04 overlap because I wanted a solid color.
I guess the 04 has bigger kawasaki stickers on the tank. The new gold ones are too small... so it doesn't make but there isn't much I can do about it now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by rainking1978
Matte (flat plasma blue)
Do not peel them off for the love of God!!!! I had a friend peel one off and I have a nasty shiny spot where the Kawi sticker use to be... looks like they treated the paint with the sticker on cause I have the Matte Blue 06 and it is shiny where the sticker used to be... now Im stuck w/ that shiny spot and no stickers available (yet) to replace the old one...

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Originally posted by Playero713

Do not peel them off for the love of God!!!! I had a friend peel one off and I have a nasty shiny spot where the Kawi sticker use to be... looks like they treated the paint with the sticker on cause I have the Matte Blue 06 and it is shiny where the sticker used to be... now Im stuck w/ that shiny spot and no stickers available (yet) to replace the old one...
As has been pointed out before, no Kawi owner should remove the Kawasaki decal unless you are prepared to a) paint the tank, b) replace the decal.

Take off the other decals if you want but keep that Kawi one on there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The fairing decals will peel right off after a ride. They will plenty hot, meaning the sticky crap will be soft and easy to remove. +1 to the googone, stuff works miracles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.