Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You gotta be shittin me! my oil filter on my 06 636 hits my Arata full pipe!! Nice design there..now I hear u have to remove pipe for each filter change...nice again! WHat the hell didi i pay over $1000 for...obviously not engineering...man the saki was tastin good that week of production. anybody else had to deal with this??? thx throwin wrenches[:0]

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
That surely doesn't sound right. Which oil filter are you using? Are you sure there's no way you can slip the filter down through or something? If there really is no other way, I don't know what to tell you. I'd demand my money back, personally.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Get yourself a HiFloFiltro filter p/n HF204. Kawasaki has been changing the p/n's on the genuine filters, my only thought is to reduce the number of filters they make. The latest p/n for the genuine filter is a touch longer than some of the previous ones. I had the same problem with the filter interfering with the header pipe with my M4 system. The HiFlo is shorter and you should be able to change filters w/o removing the exhaust.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The superceeded filter is bigger, so it's not Arata's fault. We've made Kawasaki aware of this problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.