Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok today I was riding and my bike just cut off on me at a stop sign. The gas is on, I have new plugs, and the battery is fully charged, but don't know how old the gas is. Also noticed that the line from the tank is hanging in front of my rear wheel didn't know if it was normal. HELP!!!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
is it the 03 in your avatar or 98 in your profile. eithertake it back for warranty or change the gas like you said

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
that hose is normal, it allows air to escape or gas to flow out(cant remember which one does what)

why, who, when, did you change your plugs? if you did, best bet is to go back and chage your work. check your fuelpetcock position also, since that has to come off when taking off the tank and could be on wrong(off position)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
if its was doing this before you had them chaged, take it back. they should repair the problem with no charge. if not, check anything fuel related

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I'll bet it is a fuel problem of some sort. Could be fuel strainer in tank, fuel filter in front of fuel pump, fuel pump or fuel pump relay. You might start by stick a 3 mm allen wrench in one of the float bowl drains and open it up to see if you have any water or crud in the float bowls.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i'd say something in the carbs too....same thing happened with my dirtbike

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
[:M99]

theres a testing forum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.