Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wtf

we Canucks will be paying 1400$/year for our plates....how goes it in the states....??

this is a rip off of cataclysmic proportions....from 320$ to 1400 in 3 years is a blatant rip-off...

im frozen with rage....well..im gonna start growing balls today and start running from cops....as this will be so much more common in 2 years...youd have to be an idiot to pay 1400/year for plates, in a fuc%king artic country....where u ride 6 months a year....
that my Cali/Texas/NM/etc...warm place friends, is like paying 2500usd/year for your plates....

we must rebel....

·
Registered
29 Posts
WOW. Registration in Texas is like $60 a year. I would definately be riding dirty if we had to pay $320 a year, much less $1400.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
car is like 200$...want to get rid of sport bikers....well,they are idiots as this will incite criminality even in the most law abiding citizens (me), and ill never stop for a cop starting in 2008..

long live Quebec!!!!! the most inneficient damn place on earth with the worst raods on earth, and the worst healthcare system i have ever seen...(including Serbia), and i get taxed 51% on my annual income...
anybody got ass lube?...its starting to hurt

·
Registered
312 Posts
Originally posted by urymoto

anybody got ass lube?...its starting to hurt
HELLLLL NAWWWWW!!!! [B)]

·
Registered
77 Posts
Originally posted by urymoto
wtf

we Canucks will be paying 1400$/year for our plates....how goes it in the states....??

this is a rip off of cataclysmic proportions....from 320$ to 1400 in 3 years is a blatant rip-off...

im frozen with rage....well..im gonna start growing balls today and start running from cops....as this will be so much more common in 2 years...youd have to be an idiot to pay 1400/year for plates, in a fuc%king artic country....where u ride 6 months a year....
that my Cali/Texas/NM/etc...warm place friends, is like paying 2500usd/year for your plates....

we must rebel....
actually its like paying $1245.44 in US dollars.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no its not my georgia friend...you get to ride 12 months, here only 6 months...so double that amount 2490.88$:).

it's 1400/per 6 months....

cheers

·
Registered
193 Posts
I pay $180(basic) for 3 month insurance in British Columbia, Canada and I though BC had the most expensive coverage in Canada.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Registration in Alberta is 75 dollars, Insurance on my bike is 678/yr (full cov/w comp). You are definatly getting the shaft(tm)

·
Registered
448 Posts
they're claiming (the SAAQ - car insurance society of quebec) that we'd still be in the cheapest overall in canada..

so here's my question fellow canucks, how much does it cost overall?

here it will be in 2010 : 1400$ plate - 81$ license - 1300$ insurance (me 22 on a 2005 6r)

lucky me I ride from march till end of november-early december lol

Thinking about getting a drz 400sm instead.. 300$ for the plates! and the 6r as a track bike

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
This has nothing to do with the Canadian government, this is Quebec only.

The Quebec registration includes insurance, so it's not as horrible as it looks. It's stil brutal for many Quebec'rs, who might pay less in another province (my full covg was $700/yr), but it's also good for others who would pay much more.

I think it's like $40 or 50 here for plates.

As for taxes, we do pay more, but then again, you have a heart attack, or get in an accident, and you have no medical bills for your 4 week stay in the hospital. In the US, you have to mortgage your house to pay the medical bills.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Originally posted by GreenEnvy
As for taxes, we do pay more, but then again, you have a heart attack, or get in an accident, and you have no medical bills for your 4 week stay in the hospital. In the US, you have to mortgage your house to pay the medical bills.
I would have to pay a max of $1500 out of pocket in a calendar year and the rest is covered in full. Anybody here with a decent job will have decent medical insurance and a 2nd mortgage shouldn't be necessary. Those who don't have a job that provides medical most likely don't own a house to borrow against anyway. Medical insurance is a sham here though and the rates for my employer are going up anywhere from 20%-40% which means as it costs them more, our coverage gets to be less and less. Maybe someday somebody in office will get those assmunchers under control...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, I'm the same as zx_sqrill here in alberta. except this year it'll be about 350.00 for that speeding ticket through longview to black diamond...lmao. If that cop is on here thanks for the 'break' on that one...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.