Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a zx6r and a zx6e could you guys tell me the diffrence cause i really dont know and im looking to buy a kawi and i would like to know. Plus is the 2002 zx6r fuel injected or carburated.
thanks

·
Registered
945 Posts
the 02 6r is carb'd.....i dont think kawi went injected until 03 but the 05 06 zzr600's are carbd if im correct..a 6e is more of a sport touring bike.....the 6r is a more full on style sport bike...f you are just wanting a bike to ride to ride and dont care about the overall performance aspect get a 6e.....if you want something sporty and better performance get a 6r

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had the E and now I have the 05 ZZR, and they are both great bikes, and I do not think you would go wrong with either.
The Zx6e is more comfortable (for you and the passenger) and more forgiving for a new rider. If you are used to 250's this would probably be a good transition bike that would allow you to ride tons in comfort with dramatic improvements in performance and power over the 250. I also found it to be easier to work on.

That having been said, I absolutely love my zzr, and could not go back. I have taken it to the track and to the twisties, and it definetely gets the heart going. Better acceleration, better handling from a sport perspective (but definetely less comfortable). Tons of aftermarket parts. And in my opinion, I think it has a great look (dont like radical bikes too much)

And the wife will get used to it... eventually:D

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by burplezx6r
the 02 6r is carb'd.....i dont think kawi went injected until 03 but the 05 06 zzr600's are carbd if im correct..a 6e is more of a sport touring bike.....the 6r is a more full on style sport bike...f you are just wanting a bike to ride to ride and dont care about the overall performance aspect get a 6e.....if you want something sporty and better performance get a 6r
Mostly right, all zx6e's are carb'd
Upto 2002 6R's were carb'd, 03+ are fuel injected.
05-07 ZZR600 are also carb'd, not fuel injected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.