Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did today. Should have stayed home. I am always preaching be safe. Well, me and my two pals decide at the last minute lets ride before the rain really sets in. So we are chilling. I say screw it I start moving through traffic. Well, cop pulls me over. As he get's out I see the handcuffs swinging in his right hand, as he gives me the texas ranger walk. Some how by the time he walked up on me he decided not to cuff me. Whefeeew[B)] Then he tells me sign here or I take you in. Reckless ridding was the ticket. Gotta go to court it's my first offense so I will see what happens. I was glad he put the cufs away. So chill; there I go again preaching.[}:)] Story was much longer this is the abridged version. Yeah, I need a 1000:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
how fast were you going? or what were you doing to get the ticklet

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the cop thought I was running. I just decided to stop. Did not want to leave my friends behind. Who knows how it could have ended. If I was alone? But with a crew not good to run. "So who is the guy on the green bike?" Get the picture? "Oh, you don't know him" Hmmm
let's see if we can help jar your memory.[B)]

Originally posted by 41_fire

you stop. he he

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey VR6, off topic but, what kind of Dub do you have? I've got a '95 Jetta Vr6.

--"Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed..."--

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, I thought the sight went down. Been a while.

Well, I got a $50 dollar fine and they said don't do that again. I have been good since. I was very fortunate.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I don't mean to criticise your choice of not running, far from it. I am however curious about what the cops can do to your friends to make them talk? Certainly an unpleasant situation and many would talk just from sheer intimidation or some sort of weird belief in the justice system or the principles behind it ;) but really, what can they do?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
damn this is a old thread:D

ive said thanks bfeore too

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
they cant do shit to make your friends talk unless u hang out with rats!!! Its not what they know its what they can prove. Who is he to say that you didnt just roll up behind that guy and started riding with him. Make up bullshit. "i dont know he came up behind me while i was riding about 10 min ago." I dont ride with people that will rat me out. our rules cop comes everyman for himself and dont rat anyone out.

Oh and as soon as i saw that guy doing a texas ranger walk with cuffs i would have peeled out of there and gave him the finger. its going to take him a good 3 to 4 sec to get back in car. ill be at 80mph by then

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by JRoCK
they cant do shit to make your friends talk unless u hang out with rats!!! Its not what they know its what they can prove. Who is he to say that you didnt just roll up behind that guy and started riding with him. Make up bullshit. "i dont know he came up behind me while i was riding about 10 min ago." I dont ride with people that will rat me out. our rules cop comes everyman for himself and dont rat anyone out.

Oh and as soon as i saw that guy doing a texas ranger walk with cuffs i would have peeled out of there and gave him the finger. its going to take him a good 3 to 4 sec to get back in car. ill be at 80mph by then
I hear ya, but when the cop stopped me, my drove by on the HWY and asked where they were going, I said I don't know I am assuming they do not want to stop and get involved. Needless to say after he left me, he followed me to the next McDonalds and my Pals were waiting. He did not give a ticket to them but just checked all their papers, this guy wanted a purple heart. Then about 4 cops rolled on the scene. One was a Sargent, he said he road a BMW, I said I wave at you guys an they never wave back, things got smooth with him but still went to court. Anyway, like I said $50 fine and I walked. So I am gonna really try and chill. To be honest he was so far back I thought the lights flashing were my friends racing to catch up to me, but it was the cops[B)]

·
Registered
468 Posts
My buddy and I got jacked good. We passed a group of cruisers and acclerated hard once past. Little did we know there was an unmarked behind us the entire time. Why we pulled over I don't know. Needless to say the conversation wasn't pleasant, but it somehow changed when what a pontiac GTP passed the cruisers infront of us pulled over with the cop. We didn't get a ticket, and the cop was pretty good about it in the end. Needless to say... I hope I never have the pleasure of hearing 40 middle aged men on cruisers all laughing at the same time. As far as the cop, I sure as hell said thank you. :D

P.S. Props to the VR dubs... rollen a 98 VR GTi myself. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.