Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than post up on one of the general sportbikes forums I'm on and be told to search or be flamed, I figured I'd ask all you wonderful people since this will probably turn into a discussion on gay thingz and other assorted curiosities. And that is always enjoyable.

This stems from a disagreement I had with someone about the 2006 YZF Yamahas....the special edition or limited edition or whatever the F they were called, who cares. The ones with the classic paint scheme, you know what I'm talking about. White with yellow/black striping. Yup.

The R6 was pretty much just graphics as far as I know....but the R1, didn't it have March's and an Ohlins front (and rear maybe too)? The REAL one....I know there are some bikes floating around with the graphics but none of the goodies. I think the bike I'm talking about was like $18k or somewhere around there.

The matter got more interesting as two days go, on our bi-annual 1day tour of every moto dealer in jax (and yes it is grueling but worth it as we bullshit our way along).....we find a 2006 R1 with the special graphics but none of the good shit. Yet it had a numbered plate on the tank. Did they number all the bishes? Or did some stooge toss that on there? I think they shoulda just numbered the ones that were actually special.....but I guess Yamaha is a very choice gang of strange bastards. Probably Rossi's fault. Or maybe someone in the musical instrument department.

Discuss and digress.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
The 50th anniversary is just a paint scheme found on many models.

The LE R1 was just for 2006 with all the Ohlins stuff and Wheels for $18k. I believe there were 500 of them, all numbered. The one you saw could have been a tank from a wrecked LE or someone took all the goodies off of it and sold it for money :dunno:

·
Registered
651 Posts
The 2006 R1 and R6 came in three colors each (I think red, blue and 50th Anniversary paint scheme). In addition to the 50th anniversary paint scheme there were 500 numbered Limited Edition R1's with the anniversary paint scheme, Ohlins forks, shocks, dampers and Marchesini wheels.
Don't know if all of the anniversary paint schemes were numbered or not but the LE's were.

·
Registered
651 Posts
You sure there was no Raven in there?
Yep, sorry, Raven, blue and 50th Anniversary scheme for 2006.
The LE was numbered and only 500 sold in the US, the 50th Anniversary paint scheme was $200 more than the raven or blue.

...and the LE had a slipper clutch...

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
The LE also had a hole for sexual pleasure.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The 50th anniversary is just a paint scheme found on many models.

The LE R1 was just for 2006 with all the Ohlins stuff and Wheels for $18k. I believe there were 500 of them, all numbered. The one you saw could have been a tank from a wrecked LE or someone took all the goodies off of it and sold it for money :dunno:
Bingo.

Yamaha FTW :D

I am far from brand biased. ;)

That is my Suzuki pit-bike (ATV) in the background. I was going to go with the Kawasaki 50cc but it was alot bigger and for what i wanted, the smaller the better.

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
Bingo.

Yamaha FTW :D

:D I too am not brand biased, and no one can argue that I've always said Yamaha was my second to kawis. I will say this though, when they (yamaha) did that special Fiat kit for the R1 and R6's last year, i thought it didn't look that great imho. That 50th anniversary edition did look nice, as that LE one.

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
theres a LE around here, prob one of the only yamadawgs i like

·
Registered
592 Posts
Last year I was riding my favorite local twistie road and happened to run into a guy with an LE. I gotta be honest with ya- it was pretty freaking nice. Shot some pics;

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Europe got the black one. See! There's a guy around here with a yellow one I'm just not sure if it was the LE. I'll look next time. He's over 50 so it could be considering the price of them up here. They are nice bikes but the R1s and R6s with just the special paint scheme don't look that nice IMO.

Habs

1 - 20 of 31 Posts