Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
You guys happen to notice that they are saying 180 crankshaft hp...Busa's have 180 at the crank. This thing is gonna kick some ass. Guess we'll have to wait and see what kind of hp #'s the ZX will make. Next year will be VERY interesting.

Dano

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Sure would be nice if Kawasaki would trick everyone and come out with a sweetass exhaust like that on the 10. Looks alot better than that dookie shoot on the Hondas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Right on Dano but it that with the Ram Air assistance or without. 180 without is very impressive but I don't think so.

Anyways, the Kawa will be pushing about 160 bhp to the rear wheel and should weight about 365 so it should have the Yamaha beat.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It says 180hp with ram air. And I think that a regular exaust looks better than an undertail one. Specially one with a nice Akrapovic emblem on it :D.

·
Registered
81 Posts

vs

That R1 is pretty as hell .... why did'nt Kawi go w/ the undertail exhaust? ... am also hoping this is not the final ZX10R ... if it is, Kawi does'nt get it ... regardless of performance, people like sexy things! I feel they should have spent more time making it pretty!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Look at how much higher the R1 mirrors sit so that you can actually Fn see behind you in them. Look at the slope and geometry of the R1 gas tank, now look at the Kaw's.. no comparisson. I have never seen a more sexy tank than that R1s. The exhaust of the R1 is also, again, one of the best integrations I have ever seen. The turn signals on the R1 are smaller and are better tucked in. The Kaw looks plane outdated.

The tank and exhaust of the R1 are just stunning and the Kaws is not - period.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Greensmoke

Look at how much higher the R1 mirrors sit so that you can actually Fn see behind you in them. Look at the slope and geometry of the R1 gas tank, now look at the Kaw's.. no comparisson. I have never seen a more sexy tank than that R1s. The exhaust of the R1 is also, again, one of the best integrations I have ever seen. The turn signals on the R1 are smaller and are better tucked in. The Kaw looks plane outdated.

The tank and exhaust of the R1 are just stunning and the Kaws is not - period.
ditto ... as Sean Paul's uncle would say "The party done!" i.e. for Kawi.

·
Registered
337 Posts
maybe you guys should wait for the shootouts before you make up your minds. You never know, that R1 could spend a lot of time looking into the back end of the kawi's exhaust can :D

by the way, am I the only one who noticed that the rear end of the R1 isn't properly aligned?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by JimmyG

That R1 is pretty as hell .... why did'nt Kawi go w/ the undertail exhaust? ...
Well, I for one - in general - do not like the underseat pipes at all. Thank god Kawi did not go with the market hype and build a ridiculous "ass pipe".

I also have the same feelings about the R1 that I have about the CBR 1000RR. It looks much too much the same as the previous model. Althought I do like the styling of the R1, I'm now getting a little bored with it. ZX-10R looks something new and fresh and I sure like it. The best looking bike -04, hands down. But that's just my own preference

Originally posted by JimmyG

am also hoping this is not the final ZX10R ... if it is, Kawi does'nt get it ... regardless of performance, people like sexy things! I feel they should have spent more time making it pretty!
It is pretty. Brutally kind of. It's a matter of taste and it's just how I like it.

Anyway, Yamaha says 172 hp from the crack without ram-air and 180 with ram-air. Whoah... If the real numbers are even close to those, it sure will be one hell of a machine... BTW, looking at the tachos, the Honda redlines at 11500, Kawi at 12500(?) and the Yamaha at 13750! [:0]

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Originally posted by _6R_
Anyway, Yamaha says 172 hp from the crack without ram-air and 180 with ram-air. Whoah... If the real numbers are even close to those, it sure will be one hell of a machine... BTW, looking at the tachos, the Honda redlines at 11500, Kawi at 12500(?) and the Yamaha at 13750! [:0]
172 @ the crank = roughly 155-160 @ the rear wheel. Some sources have claimed that Kawi should have something like 160 @ the rear wheel. Phew. It will be very very interesting see the real figures when the 1st shootout with dyno results comes out.

The redline thing is a another story though. The GSX-R 1000 -03 redlines at 12300 rpm and it has quite long stroke. Seems like Kawi is going the Suzook way (long stroke etc.) and Yamaha has chosen to apply different design principles allowing for higher rev ceiling.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Looks like the Yamaha boys liked the '03 and earlier Aprilia Mille gauge cluster. Looks like an updated version of the Aprilia unit. I tried to find a pic of it but couldn't. Anyone that's seen an Aprilia Mille dash will instantly recognize it.

Here's the Yamaha one:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
THe phat black frame and swingarm are completely superior to the honda or yami as far as looks go. But looking from the side the ram air "missing piece" section just doesn't look right. But kawis never look their best from the side, it's the worst looking angle on my ol' bike. And I wish they'd made the headlights more aggressive somehow, I get the feel those are a compromise between the designer who wanted all out badass and the marketing dude who wanted to sell to more mainstream buyers. But my main problem with the kawi is those damn discs! They look like bloody embroidery or something:(
Oh well, maybe it looks better in real life.

That yamaha is one beutiful piece of machinery but I feel I've become something of a diehard kawasaki fan, and that's why I'm being so harsh on it, I'd want it to be perfect.

Fuction over form works for me and when/if I feel the need for litre power I'll go with the fastest bike. Unless they're really close, then I'll go with the 10R[^] In green or black please[^][^]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.