Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody else heard about this Ninja 250 fighter? Supposedly coming to North America in 2010....

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
That thing looks bad. They should adapt the looks of that thing to the 09 R1, because that R1 might be uglier than the 08 CBR1000

·
Registered
592 Posts
How the hell is it that Yamaha can be spot-on with the looks of a 250, but drop the ball so BIG with the 09' R1?

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Lookin' closely at the bike, it looks like it's in a different league than the ninja.

Inverted forks
dual calipers up front
aggressive seating position
GP style exhaust
3 color paint job

I mean, it's basically an R6 w/o a ram air scoop. I don't see that thing selling for $4k. Eh, I could be wrong though...

·
Registered
592 Posts
Lookin' closely at the bike, it looks like it's in a different league than the ninja.

Inverted forks
dual calipers up front
aggressive seating position
GP style exhaust
3 color paint job

I mean, it's basically an R6 w/o a ram air scoop. I don't see that thing selling for $4k. Eh, I could be wrong though...

You make a great point. Looks like an R6, sans the displacement. And another thing- I wonder if its going to be an I-4 as opposed to the Ninja's twin cylinder. Man that thing would scream!

For any of you older guys, (like me), who remember the FZR 250....now that would be a FUN little bike. IIRC, they had a redline in the area of 18K.

·
Registered
349 Posts
The 250's are looking better and better. This is a good thing because a lot of new riders tend to purchase a bike solely on looks. Making the new 250's look 'cool' will hopefully push new riders to start out on one.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
damn...if thats really coming out i cant wait...

·
Registered
679 Posts

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Looks like the GS500F sans banana seat :D
The front end is similar, but I like the look of the yami a lot better than that suzuki. You just have to have a little imagination. Remove the fender, take off the mirrors (use a bar-end mirror or something), and you'd have a kewl lookin' little bike. The bellypan exhaust is also a bit strange lookin' though, might have to do somethin' about that too...

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Anybody else heard about this Ninja 250 fighter? Supposedly coming to North America in 2010....
That IS the R6. The "bike" in that chop...errr.....picture....has the same swingarm, forks, brakes, etc....

If Yamaha is going to bring a 250 to the US market in 2010, I would say that is about 3 years too late. Good luck Yamaha.

--David

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
If it comes out in 2010, it will be too late for me to care.

Where was this 6 months ago? I'd be in there.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
looks pretty cool

1 - 20 of 41 Posts