Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for rearsets and wanted to know what you guys thought of these brands. I've heard really good things about Woodcraft but that vortex is a better price. I just heard about Yana Shiki from a vendor but don't know anyone who has them. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks. ;)

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
yana shiki makes squid parts. they're kinda crap.

you won't go wrong with woodcraft or vortex. vortex has more adjustability(which isn't really needed), but they're not quite as sturdy as woodcraft. i had a set of woodcraft rearsets on my 636 and loved them. i've got a set of vortex rearsets on the 10R and they're alright, too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yana shiki makes squid parts. they're kinda crap.

you won't go wrong with woodcraft or vortex. vortex has more adjustability(which isn't really needed), but they're not quite as sturdy as woodcraft. i had a set of woodcraft rearsets on my 636 and loved them. i've got a set of vortex rearsets on the 10R and they're alright, too.
Thanks for your advice, I keep hearing great things about the woodcraft rearsets.

Yeah, it seems like Yana Shiki isn't that great since nobody seems to even have heard of them, I just know I can get a good deal from a guy I know.

·
Registered
641 Posts
There both good... Woodcraft being a bit better not THAT much better... If you don't mind me asking, how much did u find the Vortex for? The good thing about Vortex is that replacing parts is a bit easier to find so turn around time when u need it is quicker and a tiny bit cheaper... I personally went with vortex because of that... Either one is good

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There both good... Woodcraft being a bit better not THAT much better... If you don't mind me asking, how much did u find the Vortex for? The good thing about Vortex is that replacing parts is a bit easier to find so turn around time when u need it is quicker and a tiny bit cheaper... I personally went with vortex because of that... Either one is good

Some guy was selling his extra (but new) one for 268. Riders discount gave me a price of 299 for my bike. Idk if this guy is going to come through with the 268 but we'll see.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And its also odd because most people recommend Woodcraft but they seem to be cheaper than Vortex. Looks like I'll be going with woodcraft.

·
Registered
151 Posts
what are you using them for? if it's the street you'll be fine with any of those three. track/race I would go woodcraft with vortex second. imho woodcraft hold up better...the upside to vortex is it seems there are lot more replacement parts in the pits. I run woodcraft and have tested the durabilty lol.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Some guy was selling his extra (but new) one for 268. Riders discount gave me a price of 299 for my bike. Idk if this guy is going to come through with the 268 but we'll see.
I luv RiderDiscount 60% of my parts I purchased from Mike... GOOD prices! $299 is not bad at all for brand new shipped to ur door

Sent from my Epic 4G using Motorcycle App

·
Registered
28,591 Posts
I got my (complete) woodcraft rearsets for the 636 used for $80. just had to replace one of the pegs(got a set of new pegs for $30)

·
Registered
870 Posts
Woodcraft: Crash Tested, RedSands Approved! :thumbup:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Vortex rearsets have nice adjustability and tons of grip on the pegs, almost too much. They are very harsh wearing on boots, and many racers I know that use them have holes dug into their boots from them. The other problem is that with the many adjustment points they create a weak spot that raises the possibility of it snapping.

Woodcraft rearsets are limited with adjustment ranges but are SOLID. Simple no frills design that functions great. Grip is good on the pegs. I've seen a good number of people crash with these and the rearsets just function as another slider. Replace the peg, maybe bend back the rearset a bit, and you're good to go. 99% of trackside part vendors stock replacement parts for them too.

Haven't seen Yana Shiki parts in person.

If I had money to burn I'd get the newer Gilles VCR rearsets. Those things look so fancy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts