Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may or may not sound dumb but, is it safe to put a crankcase breather on my bike? I've done it b 4 to my 04 gix six and didnt feel any problems.. Just need some input :D. The reason I'm asking is when I cleaned my filter today it seemed like everything after the filter IE V stacks and surrounding plastic was covered in a light film of oil.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i dont know if it would hurt, but i dont see the bennifit of putting one on it. but my guess is since they dont sell the for a 636(not that i have seen anyways), and no one on here has talked about it in the past, probely not a good idea.

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
I dont see any benefit either, and that oil thats going into the intake is just going to be over everything if you switch to some air cleaner element type breather..

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by spitz04
I dont see any benefit either, and that oil thats going into the intake is just going to be over everything if you switch to some air cleaner element type breather..
naw, like I said I had one on my gix six and I was doin wheelies n shit on that bike and the breather never leaked. Thing is I never really asked anyone with more knowledge about engines when I did it.. so thats why I'm looking for input from you guys before I do it to the 636 =P

·
Registered
261 Posts
it would be fine. all it does allow filtered air to move in and out of the crankcase. and weather it takes it from your intake or uses its own filter, it will still do the same thing. the only problame is that the breather filters are usually worse(allow larger particles) than the air filter on your bike. not that that would even ever do anything to your bike tho. and most people just let the breather filter get dirty and dont ever clean them or get new ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.