Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Already read other posts, and yes I used the search feature:D.

Going with a slip-on for now, but of course decisions...decisions... How would you rank as far as sound quality? I heard the Yoshi on an 03 last night, and wasn't too impressed. I'm not looking to piss off the neighbors or anything (I know, stay away from D&D) but need to get rid of that stock can quick. Is the Micron deeper/louder than the Yoshi? Looking for something in the middle as far as being throaty, not to high...not to low...

It been posted before, but I didn't find any responses. Is there a website or does anyone have sounds of different pipes?

Thank you for your continued support[:M10]

·
Registered
700 Posts
M4 high mount, or hindle high mount, looks good and sounds good.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you need a Two Brothers audio clip and I can make one up anytime.
Very cool sound I think, mello and throaty at the same time, I love it.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I'm surprised you didn't like the Yosh sound... could it have been a Zyclone? Akrapovic is very deep and throaty, but not offensive at lower rpm's. Micron's sound to me is similar to Yosh, maybe not quite as deep. Try to find guys out on the road with the cans you're thinking of... that's always the best evidence. Muzzy is quieter and throaty... that might be the ticket for you too... or as Jack said, mebbe a 2Bros... why not take a trip to a big local dealer and see if the service guys can start up a few bikes with aftermarket cans if you can't find guys out at the local meeting / hangout spot for sportbikes?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OGWG: if you don't mind, email me one. The 2 bros site has a clip but it's a ZX12. Sounds pretty good.
DJ: Good idea, thanks! Have seen a few on the road but I'm usually in my freakin truck or something. Will check out some shops this weekend.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
you didnt like the way D&D sounded in that clip i posted a while back...sounds great, performance is somethingelse.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
D&D's are so loud. I heard one on an R6 the other night and was amazed at how loud it was. I have always said that Hindle (not the Stealth model) makes the loudest pipes, but after hearing that D&D I am not so sure anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.