Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post...I searched and didn't see any threads saying when you should change your oil for the first time on a new bike. Thanks for helping a newb. At least I'm not asking how I should break it in...:D haha.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I changed mine after 200 miles, then again at 600. I currently have 1900 miles and I'm going to change it again at 2000. I plan on changing it every 1.5k miles after that.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Or read your owners manual...

600 miles.

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
that having been said... yes, some people change it at 200 to get rid of any possible metal shavings in the oil from the start of the break-in

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
dude, it's because I've been stuck in a fuggin gym with 14-16 year old girls trying out for a volleyball team, and today I got to cut a returning player and it wasn't fun... so yeah I just don't have the energy to be a dick.

but i like that I have the reputation with you :lol:

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
lol... is that sig material???Oh... kurosakiiiii!!

I've changed my oil and filter at 50, 300, 500, and 1000 miles so far.

OP- do a real search and read your owners manual.
I don't think I'm gonna find a better sig than a moderator saying he's an idiot. That can only be topped by an admin, so I'm gonna have to keep watching skywalker for when he slips up. :evil6:

·
fap-o-caster
50,488 Posts
dude, it's because I've been stuck in a fuggin gym with 14-16 year old girls trying out for a volleyball team, and today I got to cut a returning player and it wasn't fun... so yeah I just don't have the energy to be a dick.

I'd like to be stuck in a gym with 14-16yr old volleyball girls......:D

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
word. jaded responses were expected, understandable since there are a lot of repeat threads. just didn't see anything about first oil change. thanks for input though.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

How much schooling do i need to get your job??:D
Mmmm... Jailbait...:Laughing rolling:

(Which coincidentally was also running through NK's mind at the time...:eek:)

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
i love how people want to treat a bike like it is a dainty little piece of equipment that cant take anything. these motors are pretty well built. just change the oil regularly. most people say every 3K and that is fine. i do every 2.5K only because it helps me remember all my oil changes.

as for the op. change the break in oil at 600 miles, or whatever your service manual calls for. the service manual requires everything to be checked a little early and excessive any ways for warrenty reasons.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts