Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I know enough about the mod so no flaming please!!

The ? is simple....Has anybody or would it make a diff. to run the Euro. maps with the PCIII after the mod???? Does this make sense if it puts the bike in a Euro. mode???

Sorry if this has been covered just tired of searching;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by 10 speed
Screw it i'll go in with ya...
? if you have a pipe that eliminated the butterfly vaulve will the jumper help?
Yes still helps!

only makes sense you would use Euro maps with the mod but come on people....input.

Just have to try and see i guess...

·
Registered
515 Posts
Originally posted by ibleedgreen

Yes still helps!

only makes sense you would use Euro maps with the mod but come on people....input.

Just have to try and see i guess...
Hey,

you answered your own thread[:M120]

·
Registered
276 Posts
i think the gain from the jumper mod is really small unless you are using the exhaust with the butterfly vaulve.

its mostly a cheap easy mod to get you that high RPM pull the bike should have factory.

if your going to buy the PCIII you should get aftermarket exhause and put your money to good use.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Alright let me help you out....

In case you havent noticed the fueling on the ZX6R is pretty damn good already..
Doing the wire jumper mod actually just lets the bike use what should be there already, (Euro spec)
So now we get into does the US bike have different mapping or not?
No clue...would it make a difference? most likely not..
After the wire mod is done the bikes do the same thing..

Getting a PCIII is for tuning when you mod your bike and you should be getting a custom tune for your specific set-up.
But of course you are looking at $300-450.00 so it is not going to be something you see or can touch..yet will make the fueling spot on..

The tune i had done on my bike is the most precise out of any bike i have ever ridden, and better then my modded RC51,friends TL,GSXR,Busa,ZX10,aprillia

So to get to the simple answer get your bike dyno tuned if you buy a PCIII, AFTER you get the exhaust and whatever else you decide to do which is limited on this bike anyways...
air filter,exhaust,degree cams,cusomt tune....some have played with the ignition some but not sure on the results..thats also with the Race ECU..Hope this helps

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ok, let me answer this. The US and Euro PCIII maps are complettly different. As you can see in the attached picture, the top graph is comparing the two. US is the blue and Euro is the green line. RPM's at 3250 and throttle postion at 40%. If you want to run a euro map on your bike, feel free just make sure you let up know how your bike runs.

·
28,939 Posts
im not 100% sure on the exact reasons but the euro map thing was asked about on here last year, and i believe somebody emailed dynojet about it. their reply NO, DO NOT RUN THE EURO MAPS. there was something different in the timing or something like that... i dont remember for sure, but i would do a LOT of research before throwing in a euro map. and if i did run one, i wouldnt feel safe doing it without having the a/f sniffed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.