Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THE GOOD - I put in more than 400 miles yesterday!! I went out at 10am, came back by 1am, my wrists and my back are hurting but you couldn't wipe the smile on my face with a wrench....

THE BAD - I busted the clutch cable and had to ride for more than 16 miles to get home. that wasn't so bad actually.

THE UGLY - I dropped the 6R at 0mph. Yeah I'm so stupid I tried a U-turn downhill and the bh in the passenger seat shifted her weight towards the turn and that was it. I killed it (THE BIKE, not the girl, although I wanted to when she gave me hell for laying the bike in such a stupid way) and let it go down real smoothly and the slider took care of it so no scratch from the concrete but a scrape to the gas tank from my own damn left foot trying to jump out to get more leverage and keep it from going all the way down.

when I got home I didn't care much for anything, other than the fact that it was a great day out on my bike. Now I have to order the clutch cable and go find out about the paint job to the gas tank.

good+bad+ugly=GREAT DAY RIDING!!!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Sounds like a good day riding, until the end.

--David

·
Registered
7,921 Posts
Sportbikes just dont do well with u-turns no matter how good you are.. ;) I can do better u-turns with my dads crusier that has like a 6 inch longer wheel base and weighs twice as much.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Originally posted by spitz04
Sportbikes just dont do well with u-turns no matter how good you are.. ;) I can do better u-turns with my dads crusier that has like a 6 inch longer wheel base and weighs twice as much.
use the rear brake, it will do a u turn ;)

·
Registered
563 Posts
My girlfriend leaned into the turn at 2 miles per hour. The bike was going over so I put my foot down and completely stopped, she went falling off the side. I luckily caught the bike and she didn't fall either. I gave her the "how many times do I have to tell you to move as I move lecture. I don't think she'll ever understand. She wonders why "we don't go for rides anymore."

·
Registered
579 Posts
+1 with 636Fool. Feather the clutch, rear brake, a lil' front brake, and counterweight the bike while U-turning. Makes tighter turns at slower speeds. Plus it feels more stable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.