Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of buying this race exhaust for my street bike:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2403538870&category=35596

and ive been worried that it will be to loud, but from what i read and what a few ppl ive talked to have said is that it wont be noticable louder than a stock system unless im going all out, so when im taking it easy around town im ok, but when i giver shit, im going to have about a 10db gain in volume over the stock system

its not the volume that bothers me, but i do alot of group riding and dont need to annoy everyone, and the last thing i need to do is give yet another reason for the cops to pull me over, but the shinny exhaust and the 10 to 15hp gain i see possible with a jet kit is sooooo attractive :D

so if anyone has any expereice with a race exhaust or more specifically a yosh race exhaust on a zx6r, let me know if this seems resonalbe, or if im completely out to lunch... [:p]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in addition and as a result of debating new exhaust, ive been also looking at jet kits, frist, from what ive read, in general stage 7 and stage 3 kits seem similar, both for racing and both needing tunning often, the only other option for my bike is stage 1 (havent found a place with stage 2 for my bike), which seems to be the best option, and besides, it just so happens that k&n is clearing them out on there web page... (stage 7 is also on sale, but i have no desire tune evertime there a change in pressure from weather, b/c there apparently the sensative) i guess this a long winded way of asking if stage 1 would be reccommened for the full race exhaust system im looking at (with a k&n air filter of course!)?

·
Registered
501 Posts
and by that you mean? They suck or are they good?

Let Saddam come and play!

·
Registered
262 Posts
As far as loudness, I haven't heard any loud pipe yet on a sportbike/aftermarket. My cousin used to ride an old FZR with just the midpipe and no muffler. Even my friends R6 with D&D wasn't that bad. But some people thinkg the D&D sound like crap. As far as personal preference you have to go by the sounds of friends aftermarket pipes and make judgement. I have friends with GSXRs and Yosh full systems sound medium to me. One friend had a Katana 750 with Yosh and it sounded louder then the 750 GSXR. Now legally, you may want to decide how particular the Local PD are? I think some in the bigger cities, may be a problem with your loud pipe.
Personally I would go with Ivans or Factory jet kit instead of Dynojet. I heard many better results over their stage one. I think factory actually makes a stage 2 your looking for.... One local racer told me he used Yoshimura jet kit, which I'm not sure you can buy aftermarket but you could always give them a call and see.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so volume isnt a problem then, but i was talking to the guy who was selling it, and he says its a high mount system and as such required the removal of the passenger pegs, does anyone have any experiece or see a yosh race system on a 95/97 zx6r and know if removal of the pass pegs is required or not?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
That Yosh race system has been on eBay at least twice and never met reserve. If the guy said it required removing the passenger pegs you can probably count on it. It is also probably pretty loud.

As far as K&N and Dinojet are concerned, don't bother. There are much better jet kits, Factory Pro and Ivan's are just two. K&N airfilters are all hype. They ususally don't make any more hp than the stock filter and many times less.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx swjohnsey, your probably right about the exhaust, ill just have to be patient and wait for something else... as for the k&n jet kit, too late i bought it already, but from what ive read, countless dyno sheets, and from what other ppl have said, it seem that the k&n produces just as much hp as the others, but is harder to install with poor support, but since i got the kit at cost ($38), im willing to take an extra couple hours to put it in... :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there the same, im not sure which one makes them though, if there repackaged for k&n or if dynojet is a k&n subsiduary..

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I am curious. Does the Dynojet kit maintain the stock stagger on the main jets or do they use the same size main jet for all cylinders?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Forgot, the same guy has the Yosh bolt can on eBay, too. I have one on my '95 and it is really nice. The finish is flawless and the sound is about the same as the stock can.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ill let you know what dynojet does with them when i get the kit... i was looking at the yosh bolt on, it never goes, his reserve is to high, i asked himwhat it was, he said $145 and the bidding never goes over $100, theres a d&d on there too right now for $109 that i was warming up to... :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i guess the d&d is out.... :) i was leaning that way anyway, in one of the other treads, someone mention that the carbon fibre cans discolour in the cold and arent nearly as strong if you should take a spill or accendently drop your bike at a stop light... waht do you think of the price of 145 for the yosh? from what i see the cans for the 95-97 usually go for around 100...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I bought my Yosh aluminum can for $96. It was new but had some shop wear. $145 is still less than half the original price. The bad part is that the only place you will find the Yosh can for the '95-'97 is on eBay. Even Yosh doesn't have them any more.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hmmm, looks liek i might have to i might have to go for it then... after all how can you argue with a good sounding pipe and more hp? thanx again for you help :)

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
There's worse pipes on the market than D&D, but yeah, they aren't up to the standards for build quality of a Yosh or Akrapovic in my books. I liked my D&D, but it was absolutely nowhere near the fit and finish of the new Akrapovic, or my buddies' Yosh's...

"Keep yer feet on the pegs and your right hand cranked."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.