Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK here's the thing like a lot of you my lock seized, as it filled up with powdery corrosion... I couldn't get the tumbler/barrel/lock out, I've taken it off scrubbed off as much crap as I could (it was utterly filled with it) wd40 washed it, put it back together... But while it's now free moving..... It's actually FREE moving... Somehow the locks just loose. I can now turn it with a screw driver.

So my 2 please help me questions are;
How do I take the barrel tumbler lock thing out to give that a proper deep clean... And how do I make it match up with my key again?

I guess it's possible the pins are just stuck with corrosion, and getting it out to give a proper clean might just fix it... But if now how do I pair it with the key?

So far go ogling hasn't been much a help....

·
Registered
519 Posts
I know it's too late now, but the best thing you can use to lubricate a lock cylinder with is dry graphite powder. WD40, or any type of oil will eventually make it gunky.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's too late now, but the best thing you can use to lubricate a lock cylinder with is dry graphite powder. WD40, or any type of oil will eventually make it gunky.
as in literal pencil shavings?

And yeah i realise as the petrol... seeps into the lock it messes with oils. Yeah I get some petrol come up through the thing :/

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
The pins are most likely just stuck. You could take it to a lock smith for a proper cleaning and lubrication.

You could also get an ultrasonic cleaner (https://amzn.to/31Ij0I3) and try that, but it would probably be cheaper to have a locksmith do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts