Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... I searched before posting but couldn't find my answer. I purchased my bike not too long ago and I've come up on my first oil change (in my ownership). It's an 03 636 and I just clocked 12k miles on it. I am unsure as to the type of oil the previous owner was using (non, semi, or full syn). What do you guys suggest to go with? Blend, brand, etc... I'm in Colorado so it gets chilly here but summers are hot (lately in the high 90's and low 100's). Let me know or point me in the right direction! Thank guys! :D

·
Powerhungry
37,948 Posts
if u are concerned put a synth blend. and then whatever weight i think its 10w40. that should cover you for summer and any winter riding u might end up doing. the type of oil isnt as near as important as keeping it changed and clean.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I use 15w50 synthetic blend. Motul 5100.
We have the same temps here as you do out west.
Never had a problem with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
20w50 Golden Spectro (synth blend) has always worked well for me. I recently changed to Rotella T Synthetic 5w40 and have been pretty happy. Just make sure if you're gonna use car stuff to stay away from moly. Don't worry about what the previous owner used. Just drain and change with whatever you prefer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.