Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my exhaust put on about a month ago and i resisted the urge to start her up until my fairings arrived and they did yesterday so i got the bike all put back together... i go today to start it for the first time since i put it away for the winter and the battery is DEAD, great. So i jump started it with a car and i went to go take the cables off and the bike died? I tried it again and as soon as you take the cables off the bike battery the gauges start flickering and then go dead and then the bike dies. The battery is on a charge right now. 12v mainteneance free automatic setting, ill let it sit over night so hopefully that helps

also, i know of the kawi tick, i have had the kawi tick but when i started the bike up something was not ticking, something was clicking. I have no idea what it is but it is coming from the where the header bolts up to the block. I had my valves looked at last year and they said they were fine (valve cover) and it did NOT sound like this before i put it away for the winter so i have no idea how this is happened. My only though is the CCT? but i do not know where exactly that is located. Im expecting my power commander tomorrow so i can completely put the bike back together and hopefully the battery will charge so i can ride it up to the shop and they can take a look at it.

Anyone have any ideas on anything? Any thoughts would help, thanks fellas

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
that clicking in the header-to-block area is an exhaust leak...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was told the bolts that attatch the header to the block is like 20 ft lbs? is that correct? that seems a little loose if you ask me which might explain the exhaust leak... if its not that where else could it be coming from?

·
Veteran Lowsider
20,840 Posts
i was told the bolts that attatch the header to the block is like 20 ft lbs? is that correct? that seems a little loose if you ask me which might explain the exhaust leak... if its not that where else could it be coming from?
its 21 foot pounds

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i did it at and i just went back out and listened to it and it for sounds like a leak... would i crack the spacers/washer if i tighted the bolts down more?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts