Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just gonna drop the yokes 10mm down the forks to improve turn in and increase the load on the front, As recommended by just about any one who has set up a 2001 rocket it seems (so I thought I would give it a go). However I need to know the Yoke to fork clamp screw thingie :) torque setting. Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
For the '95-'97 ZX-6R it is 14.5 ft/lbs for the tripple clamp bolts top and bottom and 16.5 ft/lbs for the clipon bolts. Be careful. It you losten all the bolts too much the front end will slide all the way down the fork tubes 'til the front faring is resting on the fender. Very embarrasing! I speak from experience. You also might want to do it 5 mm at a time. Lowering the front end too much will make the bike unstable at high speed, head shake, tank slapper, all that bad stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, did you remove the front fairing to get to the bottom bolts? And I will try just 5 mm at a time, thanks for the warning. Due to this weekends weather I didn't bother dropping them as I had no way of testing and I'm working this weekend :-( but I might get a chance to do it on Sunday afternoon. Wish me luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.