Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen some great deals on a Yosh RS5 (I think) full system for the 07's....thinking about buying in a few months.

Anyone have any opinions or reviews on them?? I know, Yoshi is not my first choice for a Kawasaki either, but the price is too good to pass up.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yoshi wasnt my first choice either but like you said the price is great. They are a pretty well known company/brand. When you first hear it you wont be too "WOWed" but after a few miles it will break in. Not too loud at idle (louder than stock) but scream in high RPMs. Also a lot lighter then stock. Installation is easy, instructions are great and comes with fender eliminator kit. Hope that helped you make your choice.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Why do you say that?
Yoshi's full system is $750 for a reason. And it's not because it has the R&D in Kawasaki behind it. Maybe GSX-R, but definitely not ZX.

M4 and TiForce are in the next price range. M4's pipe on the ZX is very similar to the one on the 07-08 600RR, just like Yoshi's. Don't know enough about TiForce to comment on that.

M4 and TiForce do not have the R&D to compete with Arrow, Akrapovic, Leo Vince, ......but they don't charge you $$$$ for it either or offer a canister specifically designed to flow well with the aesthetics of the ZX

Just my commentary. I'm not the god of exhauts so anyone can feel free to feel differently, obviously.......this is a forum after all

·
Registered
413 Posts
You may only gain 2 or 3 horsepower over one exhaust or the other. Unless your a pro racer, one exhaust will be just as good as the next for you. Go with what you like visually and sound wise. We're talking 10ths of a second on a race track. And that's only with a good tune and not just a pcIII. I'm betting this is your street bike which eventually you plan on doing a track day or two?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Just take and cut the cat off, weld a peice of pipe in the place, and get the slip on you like most. Cheap full exhaust with whichever sound you like.
Cheap yes. Full system, NO! What your forgetting is that the full system has a header that has a larger ID than the stock, wich allows more air out of the engine. It also has connector tubes between 1-2, & 3-4 cylinders downtubes wich is engineered for better scavaging of the cylinders.
Although for some the cheap way is the "best" way, for others the way of best performance gains is what is desired. I own a full stainless Rs5 and love it. Personaly i like the fit and finish of the Akra better, but for the price, I havn't lost anything in the performance department. If I had the $, I would spring for the Beet, however, I can not quantify the extra cost for the Akra, just for the visual.
All in all, I feel that the Rs5 is the best bang for your buck if your only concerned with performance, but if you have the $ to shell out for the Akra, it looks a lot better. As far as sound, if thats what your looking to improve, a slip-on is all you need, and those come a dime a dozen. Everyone has thier own taste with SO's as well. Some like Rock music, some like Country. Some like R&B and yet others like Hip-Hop. Its all in what tunes you like to hear when you twist your wrist.

·
The Indifference Engine
6,150 Posts
I've put a lot of thought into this. I'm not going to pretend like I know everything about it... but I'll drop my two cents regardless.

1) Typical gains for a slip on or full system run in the range of 5-9 hp. And that is only with a good tune and aftermarket high flow intake. On a 600 supersport. And this power is usually found on the "top end." Which is to say the upper limit of the rev range. This is power you cannot generally use legally on the street. Unless you feel like doing highway in first gear.

2) A slipon + PC3 + air filter and tune can run you anywhere from $1000 to $1500 depending on what you're getting and your shops/dyno guys labor rate.

That's arguably $100 per hp.

3) The reason you cannot get the same gains out of an aftermarket exhaust that you used too have really restrictive or poorly designed exhausts - 10 years ago racers would kill their own mothers and dance on the corpse to have a bike like what we ride now. Competition between manufacturers pushes the bar so much you cannot believe.

Anyways, my opinion is that if you're going to be blowing $1000 or more on your bike in a single shot you should put it into something that's going to make more of difference. Sure the exhaust sounds nice all the time. However, you're only really seeing gains on the top end and they aren't that impressive in the first place. I'd rather have better suspension, or lighter wheels. Better brakes or something. You'll make use of those brakes, suspension or wheels at all speeds as opposed to just when you start to rev out the bike. Just like gearing changes - people gear for acceleration because they want to get up to speed faster - most don't care if the lose 15-20mph on the top end so long as they get there fast. You can make all the power in the world, but if you cannot put that power to the ground, or reel it in safely then there's no point what-so-ever to having it.

Then again I could be wrong. But I'd rather have a bike that steers lighter, or brakes later, or hugs the ground that much better instead of making an extra 10 ponies. Exhaust should be the last mod you do, not the first.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the tips guys. Yes, this is on a street-ridden bike...I ride it daily to work and have put over 4,200 miles since December. No plans to track it, but I've modified pretty much every vehicle I've ever owned and coming off of a Superhawk 996 with a fair bit of mods and nasty sprockets, the ZX isn't quite doing it for me just yet in the acceleration department.

I never saw the Ti-Force system before, thanks for the links guys!! Definitely would rather go with them...price has been steering me, but I really didnt like the idea of going Yoshi on a kwakker.

You guys rock, thanks as always....gotta start putting money in the piggy bank now

·
Registered
714 Posts
I dont have a preference one way or another, but the fact that some of the posters have this misconception that certain brands of aftermarket exhausts are made with one brand of bike in mind or anohter is ridiculous. That would just be bad marketing. If Akrapovich only wanted thier pipes on Kawi's, then they would be missing out on 3/4 of the market wich is Honda, Suzi, and Yami. Some of you may see more of one brand associated with a certain bike in your area, is because of threads, like this, and word of mouth. That doesnt meen that the ratios could not be reversed in other areas. I see a lot more 2Bros on Hondas where Im from than anything else. but 2Bros makes the can for all bikes, and is basicly the same design for all of them, barring the way that they are attached to the machine, wheather ith be GP or undertail.
So to say that Yoshi doesnt belong on, or is uncompatible with a Kawi is just a lack of research. do your digging, Take the opinions from KF, and find facts from other sites as well.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I dont have a preference one way or another, but the fact that some of the posters have this misconception that certain brands of aftermarket exhausts are made with one brand of bike in mind or anohter is ridiculous.
Wow, do you really believe that you think people think systems are only made for particular bikes?

I was talking about marketing. How many Kawasaki racers in the AMA Supersport and Superbike series on Sunday afternoons do you see running M4 or Yoshi exhausts? How many do you see running Akrapovic? There is for example a reason why of the teams is called Team M4 Emgo Suzuki - because they sponsor those riders. Whose exhausts are available on Kawasaki's accessories page? Not Yoshis and M4s. Akra and BEET. Do they make compatible systems? Yes. Will they work? Yes. Will I put a Saleen part on my Toyota? No. Saleen is Ford.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I personally don't like the looks of the yoshi on the zx6r but I would run one on something other than a suzuki. With yoshi being tight with suzuki your going to see the suzuki parts out way before the kawi parts and they might put more r&d on the suzuki parts but thats about it.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
I dont have a preference one way or another, but the fact that some of the posters have this misconception that certain brands of aftermarket exhausts are made with one brand of bike in mind or anohter is ridiculous. That would just be bad marketing. If Akrapovich only wanted thier pipes on Kawi's, then they would be missing out on 3/4 of the market wich is Honda, Suzi, and Yami. Some of you may see more of one brand associated with a certain bike in your area, is because of threads, like this, and word of mouth. That doesnt meen that the ratios could not be reversed in other areas. I see a lot more 2Bros on Hondas where Im from than anything else. but 2Bros makes the can for all bikes, and is basicly the same design for all of them, barring the way that they are attached to the machine, wheather ith be GP or undertail.
So to say that Yoshi doesnt belong on, or is uncompatible with a Kawi is just a lack of research. do your digging, Take the opinions from KF, and find facts from other sites as well.
Couldn't agree more. Glad someone agrees with my post.

Wow, do you really believe that you think people think systems are only made for particular bikes?

I was talking about marketing. How many Kawasaki racers in the AMA Supersport and Superbike series on Sunday afternoons do you see running M4 or Yoshi exhausts? How many do you see running Akrapovic? There is for example a reason why of the teams is called Team M4 Emgo Suzuki - because they sponsor those riders. Whose exhausts are available on Kawasaki's accessories page? Not Yoshis and M4s. Akra and BEET. Do they make compatible systems? Yes. Will they work? Yes. Will I put a Saleen part on my Toyota? No. Saleen is Ford.
Oh, so do you work in marketing? What is the point of marketing again? Isn't it to make people believe that your product is superior and your product is the one that they should buy?

My point? The marketers' strategy looks like it worked on you, my friend. ;)

One more thing. You almost hit on this yourself with your reference to M4 Emgo. Sure, turn on the TV on Sunday and it's very unlikely that you're going to see an M4 or Yoshi on a Kawasaki. But, like you said, that's sponsorship. It doesn't mean M4's full system is incompatible with a Kawasaki ZX-6R. Just because M4 is sponsoring a Suzuki race team doesn't mean anything.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.