Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title should hint at what's going on lol. I decided to make some upgrades to my bike after having done nothing to it for the last 6 months I've owned it. I bought the yoshi slip on and a jet kit because it was recommended. I installed the slip on myself and rode around with that, without the new jetting for a few days. My MPG went right the hell out the window! So I asked my bro who knows a good deal about motors what the hell was going on. Long story short he says, "When you get your bike rejetted, your gas mileage will improve a litte because the air-fuel mix (don't remember his exact words) will match what your new exhaust is meant to have." SO, I get the new DynoJet installed at a dealer, and he basically told me that I'd actually have increasingly bad gas mileage with the new jet installed, regardless of the new pipe. Now... I literally just picked the bike up. I topped it off and have reset the tripometer, so I'll see exactly what's going down, but what's your guys' take on it? Should the DynoJet kit have improved the MPG, or worsened it after installing the new exhaust?

·
Powerhungry
38,374 Posts
did u start riding differently after the exhaust? i know i did. using a lower gear, so i could listen to it.

and yeg, the bike is lean from the factory, the pipe makes it even MORE lean. jetting it up, will richen it, and usually..yep, less MPG.

but still.....all said and done, u should be getting ATLEAST in the 50 range....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I definitely did my fair share of low gear revving to see what the hell that $500 dollar impulse buy actually did =P But, and this could just be me being weird, it seemed like my MPG went waaay down. We'll see. This is my first time filling after having either of the upgrades installed. If I get around 50 MPG I'll be fine with that (That's what... like $5-10 more a month lol). But in my head I felt like I was getting 30ish. Hopefully it's just me being a worry bug, I'll repost on this once I get a number. Thanks for the input, Nevada.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had mine with Yoshi slip-on for a while now WITHOUT jetting. I've been getting in the 55+ mpg range. Please post the mpg you're getting with jet kit asap, as I plan on getting one soon.

·
Premium Member
41,542 Posts
You paid 500 for the slip on? :0! The full system is not much more than that.

·
Registered
315 Posts
You paid 500 for the slip on? :0! The full system is not much more than that.

Isn't the full system in the $700 range???

The full Area P is ~$500 though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts