Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 6r. [:M74]Whats the difference between the TRS race (slip-on) and the TRS zyclone (slip-on)? Which adds more Horses? Which sounds louder?

·
Registered
338 Posts
The Zyclone is the street legal version. You'll get more horses with the race version but it'll be harder to pass inspection. [:M55]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Brendon, try and listen to both if you could. I heard one before I got my 2Bros. and if I'm not mistaken, it was the street legal one. I was sadly disappointed in the sounds dept.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
They probably produce about the same horspower or very little different than stock. If noise = horsepower D&D would be the fastest on the planet. I have a Zyclone on my old '95 and is is very close to stock in sound level.

Don't worry about the inspection in Texas. Nobody really cares. There is not even much action on excessive noise tickets.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had the Rs-3 on my 636 before I crashed. It was noticably louder then stock, but the performance was garbage. I now have an akra cf slip on..and the difference is unbelievable.

·
Registered
493 Posts
if im not mistaken, at least in cali, no aftermarket exhaust is legal... they havent gone through all the required carb or dot approving's...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by Naughtyninja
I had the Rs-3 on my 636 before I crashed. It was noticably louder then stock, but the performance was garbage. I now have an akra cf slip on..and the difference is unbelievable.
I was actually thinking of getting the Akra slip on (seeing as I cannot afford the full system). When you say that the difference is unbelievable, are you referring to sound, performance or both.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was hoping to get better reviews on the yosh:( For some reason I am stuck on a yosh[V] Dont know why. I guess I will start looking at other pipes. Thanks guys. Good looking out.[:p]

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yosh is a very good. Excellent quality and probably as much hp increase as any other slip on. If you just want noise get D&D or just take the can off all together.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
BCRoach, there's nothing wrong with the quality or design of a Yosh system. In fact, they're VERY well built exhausts. Might not QUITE be on par with an Akrapovic, but in my opinion, they're dollar for dollar an EXCELLENT value for the money. Midrange price and much better than midrange quality - far superior to a D&D or Hindle imo.

As for the difference between the zyclone and race systems, it comes down to baffling and noise suppression. If the local police aren't on personal missions to nail noisy motorcycle exhausts, I'd go for the race muffler every time. It sounds throaty and sexy, while the zyclone sounds very close to stock. Freer exhaust flow, all else being equal, is usually a good thing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i got the race version (see mi pic)it sounds troaty and sexy i wanted the akra too of course but after doing some math i only pay 299 on mi yoshi from my local dealer that left me with???? 200dls on mi checkbook wich i used for a different sprocket (only 39 bucks)and over 150 on the bank for gas:D:D:Dand yes its fast and loud very fast i called yoshi and the diff its like 2 hp versus the strett version

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hansel, the Akra is fairly quiet, but louder then stock, at idle and lower RPMS. But once the RPMS start climbing...wow. As far as performance, I put the old yoshi on and then the Akra, just much more pull especially at the top. The yoshi was louder all the way around though.

And I do agree with DJ dunzie, for the money of the yoshi it is a well put together pipe. It went on in a breeze, I had no complaints until I went back to back with the Akra.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Naughtyninja, thanks for info, but there is one more thing I wanted to know. I have been told by the dealers that if you add a slip-on, Power Commander III is not necessary, but there are some motorcycle articles which suggest installing PC III even with slip-on exhausts to gain Max benefits. Which approach did you take?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the thread dj dunzie, the information was very useful. BTW, I attended the University of Guelph, but I didn't have a bike at the time. Are there any good places to ride in the Guelph area?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good info, but I need a recommendation. Out of everything that was posted, I went from a gixxer to a Kawasaki back in April. [:M10] I live in Miami, Fl. and they do not do inspections anymore. What exhaust does anybody recomend for the 636. I want HP(of course) but also a deeper, more "wake up your neighbors" sound. Can't afford a full systme yet.[:M113] thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
i got a trs race, sounds great, great performance increase above 8k.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.