Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I bolted it up tonight it sounds great. I do have a couple questions though.

1. The yoshimura instructions mention a kawasaki exhaust gasket. I did not have one on my stock can. The mounting plate on the yoshi is the same shape and material as the stocker so I mounted with out it for now. Do I need to get one?

2. Yoshimura supplies a metal gromet to mount the bracket under the rear pedal. The metal gromet does not fit inside the stock plastic/rubber ones so I went to take both ends of the stock gromets out like the picture shows. But the washer you move to the backside is too small for the hole. So I ended up leaving the backside stock gromet in. Is this correct? Should the metal one supplied fit inside the stock plastic and rubber ones.

Any info would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2002 zx6r which is the same bike and have the rs3 there was no gasket on mine and I also bought a titanium exhaust bracket and took the foot pegs off so I can't comment on that. but I was wondering mine has a k&n air filter stage one jet kit and the pipe and its running rich I smell like gas everytime I ride it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Johnny Random,

I have a Yosh RS-3 slip-on on my '05 ZZR600. I can answer your questions:

1. The gasket is actually a brass tubular ring that sticks to the pipe side of the joint between the stock canister and the inlet pipe when you remove the stock canister. It costs about $18 from the Kawi dealer and should be replaced when you install your slipon to avoid gas leaks. You might have lucked out not replacing it but I'd check for leaks after a couple of rides to be sure. See pictures of the gasket shown below.

2. The Yosh instructions are pretty clear about which of the stock fasteners are replaced by the Yosh fasteners. When you are all done you should have the fasteners/collars shown in the picture below plus the three acorn head nuts that attach the header pipe to the canister. If you have more/less/different fasteners/collars than shown in the pic below just say DOH!!! [:0]

Nateszx6r,

I also had raw gasoline smell coming out the exhaust after installing the Yosh slip-on and the Dynojet Kit for 05-06 ZZR-600. Bottom line: The Dynojet kit is set up too rich if you are running just a slip-on and stock or K&N air filter! I completely removed all the Dynojet parts and currently I'm running stock needles with one 0.5mm shim on each and 2 turns out on the idle mixture screws. She runs great with no rude smells.:D

Gentleman hope all this helps and enjoy the pics! :)

Glovis

·
Andre 3000
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I think it got it figured out. I just had to remove the plastic piece out of one the gromets to let the new yoshi metal spacer fit. If I have any leaks I will pickup a new gasket. The pipe sounds amazing. I started it once before putting the can on the sound is very similar. Riding around at low rpms kinda had me worried at first because it is pretty loud. But once you get it over 5K you don't even notice it. I orderd titanium and they sent carbon fiber. At first I didn't think I would like the cf on my silver bike but it has grown on me. Will post some pics later this afternoon.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Glad you figured it out cause I have mine friday. I wanted the trs which is a full system but I got the bolt on rs3 in titanium. Can't wait

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.