Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're not gonna change the filter first, then change the oil, are you? You should do them at the same time. First warm the bike up so the oil drains easier, then unscrew the oil drain plug and let the bike sit for about twenty minutes. Drink a few beers or smoke some cigarettes. That's what I do:D

After all the oil is out, THEN unscrew the oil filter and replace it. Then you can put the drain plug back in, fill her up and fire it up and make sure the oil pressure light goes off. If you don't take off your fairing, it will be very difficult to take the oil filter off, and you will make a hell of a mess, whether you use a rag or not. Jeez, doesn't anyone have any patience nowadays? By the way, a fully synthetic oil is better than a blend.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Just a note about Sunoco Ultra94..
I Love sunoco, the 94 octane is great, but I've been told by a few people now that it has a higher alcohol (I Think its Methanol, but dont quote me on that) content then most gas, which our high revving engines don't like as much.
I always use Sunoco92 in the bike, and my Transam always got the 94.

-=Welcome To Canada=-

2002 Green 6R
1986 Gixxer 7/11

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have never heard that before but I am a young jedi so I will follow the advice. Everytime I see your pic in your sig. it makes me wanna go for a ride!!!:D

Any info. on these prices?? I'm at 1975 miles and I wanna change at 2000

·
Registered
201 Posts
So I woke up today it to my surprise it was nice and sunny out. I ate some breakfast and headed out to finally give my new prize a new cleaning. I got the bike sat. and the previous owner said he never washed it or waxed it!! So I cleaned it all up and headed off to go for a ride. After about 30 miles I started going up a slight hill and noticed I was rapidly slowing down. I pulled off to the side and let the cars past. I was starting to get mad cuz I didn't understand what had just happened!! Cars were looking at so I just acted like I was waiting for the rest of the group!!:DSo after about 2.2 seconds of thinkin I realized I ran out of gas!!! I switched it to reserve and headed to the Sunoco for some 94 octane!!!:D:D

P.S. Got a price on oil filter and oil. These sound about right??

K&N oil filter $14.95
Oil $ 5.95 qt (forget the brand but the guy said to get it, it's like half synthetic)
Do these sound ok???

I got my hand on the filter today so I think I'm going to just put a rag under the filter and take it off instead of taking off fairing!!

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
prices seem high if you ask me...i got oil filters from Chaparrel for like 7 bucks and use Mobil 15w50 wich might be 3.99 quart from Walmart...

My Drinking Team Has a Racing Problem!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
the price for the oil filter is way to high. take the oil filter part number and have your local auto part store order it for you. buy them in bulk. i got three of them for $12.

"I love ninjas with every part of my body, including my pee pee."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.