Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a strange issue. Head lights won't come on, battery at 12.5 v won't start wont even click.
Its been running Battery sown. But charging system checks iut fine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
check all fuses first? a harness connector unplugged somewhere?

"Its been running Battery sown." what does that mean?

·
Registered
156 Posts
^ I have an s right next to a d on my key board. :surprise:
:welcome:
Z1 Ninja
If that the carse, corection iz called 4 pryer 2 preslying da entre buton, right Elvis?

So, OP the battery then becomes suspect, a proper load test in your best interests. The headlight may be separate, unrelated, coincidental. Eliminate the battery as a problem, replacing if necessary then move forward with diagnosing the headlight.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have a strange issue. Head lights won't come on, battery at 12.5 v won't start wont even click.
Its been running Battery sown. But charging system checks iut fine.
After checking the fuses, the next thing I'd check is to make sure that all the relevant electrical connections are properly connected and free of corrosion. Before you're completely done and repaired, it's a good idea to apply some dielectric grease to the connections to prevent corrosion. After checking the connections, the next thing to do is to attach a meter to the circuit and see how much the voltage drops when you're trying to crank it. If none of the other things worked, then I'm guessing that the drop will be substantial. IIRC, anything much below 10v while cranking means that you'll need a new battery.

Is it normal for your headlights to come on without the engine starting? I'd considering removing the bulbs and seeing if they're blown. Depending upon what's causing the other electrical issues, the bulb(s) may have blown.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like a starter relay. Won't click and battery charged. That's my guess. Check ignition fuse but I doubt it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts