Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I have a little problem with my Z1000 (2016). A couple days ago i cleaned my throttle body.
I started engine and ...

See movie

Problem is only when bike have 0-40 degrees temperature. I checked all sensor, main throttle, subthrottle etc (input, output voltage, resistance), everything is ok.
I check all connection (all good), computer don't show any errors.
When temperature have 40-100 degree and i will start engine, idle speed grow to 3000, and very slowly falls down.
When i disconnect main throttle, idle speed is normal.
How can i adaptation main throttle ? Is any procedure ?
Do you have some ideas, what its wrong?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All

I have a little problem with my Z1000 (2016). A couple days ago i cleaned my throttle body.

I started engine and ...

See movie

Problem is only when bike have 0-40 degrees temperature. I checked all sensor, main throttle, subthrottle etc (input, output voltage, resistance), everything is ok.

I check all connection (all good), computer don't show any errors.

When temperature have 40-100 degree and i will start engine, idle speed grow to 3000, and very slowly falls down.

When i disconnect main throttle, idle speed is normal.

How can i adaptation main throttle ? Is any procedure ?

Do you have some ideas, what its wrong?
Honestly the video sounds like a vacuum leak. But reading the post further and reading the issue with the throttle makes me think that by disconnecting the throttle it is somehow compensating for the lack of negative pressure in the TBs. I recently did mine on my z750s and found one of my boot seals that goes to the TB wasn't seated properly causing a leak. Just a thought. Or throttle position sensor?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for you answer.
Yesterday solved my problem. I buyed new throttle and everything it's works fine :)
But... when i installed again old throttle, engine works fine too, hmm
My theory... computer remembered some bad paramert on old throttle.
When i installed new throttle, conditions changed and computer adaptive to new conditions.
This is my theory, mayby good or bad :) I have no other explanation.
It is important that everything returned to normal.
Now i have two good throttle :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts