Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Just thought i would register as i have just bought an 04 Z750 and have a quick question.

Are there any larger screens you had buy for the 04 to make the ride a bit more comfortable?

I have seen the thread on the same question for a Z750s but is that also relevant to the non S 04 model?

Cheers

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome aboard! I'm sure you will love your 750.

I'm sure people will chime in with their windshield experiences. I have tried many brands on many bikes. They are all pretty much the same quality wise. Just find one you like the looks of and gives you the protection you are after.

I have a war eagle on my z1000 which I like very much. It offers more protection than stock but doesn't look goofy **ahem** like others out there. But the looks thing is all up to personal preference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought oem windscreen just to direct wind away from my chest.
If windscreen is too tall it directs wind straight to helmet area and then all helmets are noisy (even schubert I think :) )

·
Registered
51 Posts
All i can say to this thread is WOW.
Really boys?
you all took a street fighter and put a 4 foot windscreen on it and say it doesnt look goofy? I say the reason it didnt come with a windscreen is because it looks stupid as hell. Absolutely compeltely ridiclous. I hope you all wear tinted visors to hide your shame.

While i do agree that the wind gets noisy and rough over 140 kmh, under that its bearable.

Im going to fit a stock z1000 screen because thats as tall as looks respectable. Part of riding a naked bike is preserving the beauty of it.

if you need that much windprotection, get in your station wagons, cause that looks like crap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
didn't say I got it to look pretty... and ride all year round so I make it as comfortable as possible for my 41y/o skeleton. If I wanted somethin pretty I would've bought something else.
Oh btw, I do wear a black visor :)

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Really boys?
you all took a street fighter and put a 4 foot windscreen on it and say it doesnt look goofy? I say the reason it didnt come with a windscreen is because it looks stupid as hell. Absolutely compeltely ridiclous. I hope you all wear tinted visors to hide your shame.

While i do agree that the wind gets noisy and rough over 140 kmh, under that its bearable.

Im going to fit a stock z1000 screen because thats as tall as looks respectable. Part of riding a naked bike is preserving the beauty of it.

if you need that much windprotection, get in your station wagons, cause that looks like crap.
omg:Laughing rolling:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ya i re-read what i wrote, sorry for being an @ss.

I know your wind pains, im 6'5" and i get wind blast bad.

im fitting up an 03-06 z1000 windscren in the next little bit to try and make it less obnoxious.

Ill let you know how it goes

·
Registered
2 Posts
just registered, and have a question, my son was trying to wheelie my 06 zzr 600, and ran out of room, ended up hitting a curb, and wreked the bike, the impact took out the frame, the upper triple tree, most of the controls, headlight and guages, i replaced all of those parts, even the frame, and now the bike is ready for the rd, although the bike just turns over, and the plugs are getting power, just not sparking, Ive heard through the forums, that the cause may be a tip-over sensor, does anyone have a photo of the sensor on the bike, ive been told its location is under the seat,, however another source indicated that its near the clutch cover... so any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks, and yeah I know my sons a jackass....

·
Registered
120 Posts
just registered, and have a question, my son was trying to wheelie my 06 zzr 600, and ran out of room, ended up hitting a curb, and wreked the bike, the impact took out the frame, the upper triple tree, most of the controls, headlight and guages, i replaced all of those parts, even the frame, and now the bike is ready for the rd, although the bike just turns over, and the plugs are getting power, just not sparking, Ive heard through the forums, that the cause may be a tip-over sensor, does anyone have a photo of the sensor on the bike, ive been told its location is under the seat,, however another source indicated that its near the clutch cover... so any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks, and yeah I know my sons a jackass....
Kawiforums has a ZZR600 section. Its on the top middle of the forum.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Really boys?

Haha! I think looks go out the window after hundreds miles of getting beat to death by the wind. As long as the shield is easily removable, I say go for it. I remember a recent 400 mile trip on the expressway to Tokyo on my sheldless dual sport. I would have arrived feeling much more alert and energetic if I had some sort of wind protection.

On a semi-related note, California Scentific makes the best windscreens I've ever used, but don't offer anything for the Zed at this time. I've already asked if they plan to build one, but they are still undecided. Maybe if enough of us emailed them, they might at least crank-out a screen for the '10 Zed. The websited is www.calsci.com/ . From there, you can find their e-mail addy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts