Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with this? The battery failed suddenly on my Z750 while I was riding. The bike lost all power and stopped. I've changed the battery and it's running fine and charging but the speedo/rev-vounter/fuel gauge etc are all inoperative. The warning lights are still working. All of the fuses are in tact under the seat. Does anyone know if there is an additional fuse for inside the instrument binnacle?
TIA.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Miles ?
Age ?
When you say the Battery is charging fine what Voltage did you get at the Battery with the Engine reving at 4K ?
Sounds like your issue is likely a poor connection somewhere.

There is no additional Fuse for the Clocks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your post. This has happened while I'm away travelling, in France and I don't have a multi-meter. Back this week. Its a 2010 with 17k miles...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kev..thanks for your help. I've got the bike back from France. (My multi meter is giving low readings - I've tested it on a car also) but the bike appears to be charging and giving around 13.5 when revving and 12.5 on tick-over, maybe a bit more when tested at the battery. I've unhooked the multiplug for the clocks and put it back. Before I send the clocks off for test or repair is there anything else to check? The clocks were fine before the battery failed and the backlight and warning lights are all fine but the rev counter is stuck on 5000rpm and none of the LCD bits are working. TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts