Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry not the best at making some instructions but here we go with a little action...

Was doing my billet 1/6 turn Throttle from japan, but after getting the bike all apart the cables are to damn long..Fuck me!!!!!!
Here you go for the cheap and easy route and the amount of turn to get the trhottle from Full Closed to Full open..sorry had to use my left hand..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice DIY mod! [:M117]

·
Registered
310 Posts
can you give us a step by step on the actual placement and how its held together?.....nice mod though thanks![:M120]

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's quite clever. FYI, for anyone who does this as long as you've disassembled the grip you might as well lube the cables and put a little silicon on the throttle sleeve as well.

I'll have to give this a whirl on my bike next spring.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As for the attachment i just added some superglue on there..as once the cable is on, if you looked at the zip tie the side that clicks in the lock, has little ripples that act like grip tape.
but adding some superglue helps keep it in place..
Basically you can buy
Riflemans-for $20. Something
BG Racing for $35
or the wire tie for about 75 cents If that...

Will give you guys a ride report once the weather clears up or maybe somewhere can get to it before i can...

·
Registered
857 Posts
nice DIY job, how long did you end up cutting the ziptie or just to watever fit? and did you cut the middle out or did you use the end that goes thru the lock that starts skinny and goes slightly thicker? also how did you get it sto stay bent befor putting it on?thanx for the info

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
measured right at 3 1/2 inches
cut the tips and made them like a BGracing one
Held in place by superglue, as after you install it, it is not going anywhere as the cable locks it down...
But glue gives me the warm fuzzy as well

·
Registered
394 Posts
how would it feel different, I know its less travel, but I soppose the bike feels more responsive. I sometimes find myself accelearating and wondering if i've turned the throttle open completely cause the bike feels sluggish.? will this help?

·
Registered
367 Posts
The rifleman one is a lot thicker than a ziptie so this wont be as short as that one. The rifleman one is awesome on my bike makes it feel totally different, like you added an extra 10hp to the bike. Cant go wrong for $25 shipped to you.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Originally posted by jdgun_13
measured right at 3 1/2 inches
cut the tips and made them like a BGracing one
Held in place by superglue, as after you install it, it is not going anywhere as the cable locks it down...
But glue gives me the warm fuzzy as well
thanx bro have to try it this weekend, by the way when are we ever gonan see pics of ur bike after all the work?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Just went and did it. Except I used 2 layers of zip-tie instead of one - result is freaking amazing! Dude, you rock!
[:Applause]

·
Registered
763 Posts
well i just did it with one zip tie.. super glued it into place.

all it basically did for me was take out that good bit of slop i had in the stock setup. I have just over 3000 miles on my bike and had never adjusted the cables.. but i had that extra play in the throttle until i did this, now theres none. i think having a little bit is actually good.. i duno.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad you guys enjoyed it, as i hate having to readjust my wrist to get full throttle ON!

yeah depending on the zip tie 2 would be perfect if they are thinner ones....The one i actually used is pretty thick, and if you look at the grips i had in the pics, gets rid of the regrip oir grip really high to get full Open throttle..

If you get on the track you will truly appreciate this mod..

As far as the BIG EXPOSE i have planned, well i am waiting on other Items to get in..waiting for a set of something something to be made..Been told tomorrow they should ship out...
This will finish the bolt on mods pretty much...
Will go into the head and see what can be gained there and thats it..
I will work on something else not sure what yet..thinking a CBR1000RR Repsol

1 - 20 of 172 Posts