Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<div align="left">Just got the latest issue of Cycle Canada in the mail today. The most interesting point made by the tester is that the power appears to be much more controllable than the GSX-R. He also compares the handling to that of a 600 a couple of times. He didn't like the shifting on the bike and also had the usual complaints about the instrument cluster.

Can't wait for the litre bike shootout!</div id="left">

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
cycle canada rules!! who tested the zx10r? it would have been peiro zambotti but he died in a bike accident a couple of months ago:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<div align="left">It was Costa Mouzouris who did the test. He's a good writer and obviously a good rider too...although he did admit to low-siding one of the test bikes. [:I]

Yes, it's a shame about Piero...I had the pleasure of sharing the race track with him (and the rest of the Cycle Canada crew) at Shannonville early last year. Well, more like getting my butt kicked...those guys are seriously fast! And I thought to write for a motorcycle magazine all you needed to know was how to type. ;)</div id="left">

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by kc1
<div align="left">It was Costa Mouzouris who did the test. He's a good writer and obviously a good rider too...although he did admit to low-siding one of the test bikes. [:I]

Yes, it's a shame about Piero...I had the pleasure of sharing the race track with him (and the rest of the Cycle Canada crew) at Shannonville early last year. Well, more like getting my butt kicked...those guys are seriously fast! And I thought to write for a motorcycle magazine all you needed to know was how to type. ;)</div id="left">
Damn, he crashed one of the 10's? Did he say it was because of bike related aspects or just rider error?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The writer wrote "I accidentally rode over [a curb] while leaned over and promptly went horizontal. Besides damaged plastic, torn leathers and a bruised ego, I was no worse for wear, and Kawasaki...return[ed] the one I dropped completely repaired." I dunno, maybe that would explain the "harsh-shifting gearbox"?

Anyways, I always find it interesting to hear about how these journalists go hammer and tongs at each other at these press events. All these guys must have huge egos. I remember reading about one instance (ZX-9R rollout?) where the European media members were calling the Americans wimps or something to that effect and they were lapping to see who could get the fastest lap. It must be nice to ride someone else's bike at the track and if you wad it, they just smile and give you another one to ride. Sigh...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.