Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 05 ZX-10R with 4.3k miles on it the right side front end has black scuffs on it cuz the bike was previously kinda backed into by another car bike didnt fall but it left scuffs on the plastics i wanna get new plastics for the bike

my bike is pearl magna orange/red

i just cant seem to find anyplace that actually sells just platics unless your building a race bike..wanted to know if ZX6R plastics are interchangeable or if anyone could point me in the right direction

thanks in advance

·
Registered
26 Posts
No the ZX6R and ZX10R fairing are different. The best spot to find parts is ebay or here. Go to advanced search on kawiforum and look for motorcycle parts.

·
Premium Member
14,851 Posts
Alboendri is right, here, zx10.net, ebay or a cycle salvage house are the best places to buy them. I actually replaced my lowers 2 years ago after a run in with a 4x4 beam (don't ask) and got the same price as ebay on the factory parts from my local dealership.

I've gotten good deals on parts here too...
SunCoastCycleSports Used Sport Bike Parts Warehouse If they don't have you part, you can put in a request and they will find it. Depends on how big of a hurry you are in.

Welcome to the KF!

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey slob. thats good store u put here. i want to know. when i take off right engine cover what to do with starter? :( i just dont know that. is it easy and will it come out easy? im asking this because engine cover is connected with starter

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found a lot of cool parts on ebay, especially for my first motorbike that I bought very cheap and in quite bad condition years ago. I needed a lot of spare parts and some local dealers and ebay were really good resources for the restoration of the bike. It also depends on the parts you're looking for - high quality stuff is difficult to get and often quite expensive, used parts are a cheaper option and if you're lucky you can find them really quick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts