Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by GreenEnvy
might look a little dated, but its all Titanium, very nice.
I still like the side exhausts over the undertails right now, though Yami's R1's tail looks nice..
I prefer traditional exhausts too. And despite the little kink in 10R:s exhaust I still think it's good looking system.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Well its disapointing that kawasaki makes an awesome bike on paper but puts a 1995 model pipe on it....I don't care if its maid of hot lava moon rock its freagin ugly. The fit and finish an the zx6r is way better.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
The GSX-R's all have a pretty elementary looking pipe on the as well. It's the first thing that gets junked though - no big deal.[8D]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Fine and dandy if it WAS a titanium race pipe. It's a titanium street-legal baffled cannister. Great for a stocker, crappy compared to aftermarket.

·
Registered
77 Posts
eh it is supposed to be titanium on the inside and aluminum outer. Ah well compared to the R1 this will take you a few minutes to change your Akra to the standard end can, whereas with the R1 it will take you a weekend.
You may not care but I do, when you do trackdays in Holland or Belgium you get pulled in if your bike is the noisy

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by falconeight
Well its disapointing that kawasaki makes an awesome bike on paper but puts a 1995 model pipe on it....I don't care if its maid of hot lava moon rock its freagin ugly. The fit and finish an the zx6r is way better.
Frankly the undertail exhaust just became OEM equip in 02 on Japanese bikes(except Duc & MV's) so how can the 04 zx10 side exit be considered 1995 tech??[:M74] The 6r has a steel system correct where as the zx10 has a fully TI (except the outer cannister material which is Alum) so please explain how the 6r is way better.

BD

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Part two of ZX-10R track test @ motorcycledaily:

"If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm really impressed with this bike. Still, this is a track only test, and as such, this is not a complete evaluation of the ZX-10R. Considerations for (relatively) long distance comfort, how that track-biased suspension treats the street rider, gas mileage, fit and finish, etc., right down to how well the rear-view mirrors work (you'll be using those, trust me) were not fully evaluated. And as good as this bike seems to be, keep in mind, as I must, that there are all-new, liter-class offerings from Honda and Yamaha that I have yet to sample. I can say this, however, it will take something special to better this bike. Well done, Kawasaki!"

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/22december03_kawasaki2004zx10r_day2.htm

·
Registered
976 Posts
Very nice indeed. If in fact the shifting woes were common place within the relatively large group of bikes present at the test i'd say some attention other than a larger OD shifting rod may be required.

BD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.