Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it that noone is willing to open up this can of worms or that the can doesn't exist--25 lookers and no takers

·
Banned
495 Posts
i know there is a jumper mod for the ZX6R, i did it, gained 7hp at the wheel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maybe a stupid question, but what is a jumper mod? Is it anything like the TRE I put on my 02' Gixxer thou? I got my 05' 636 up to 115 RWHP, so an extra 7 would've been nice. [8D]

Originally posted by Greenisfaster
i know there is a jumper mod for the ZX6R, i did it, gained 7hp at the wheel.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
It just holds the exhaust butterfly valve open at high revs. It's only applicable if you still have the exhaust valve in your exhaust system. It's also only applicable to North American ZX-6R/RRs.

The rest of the world (except for Switzerland) gets unmolested bikes.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
J.a.f.o., that is not tru, the wire mod connects two electrical lines on the bikes electric system that enables the fuel, spark mixture to be unregulated. the amercan bikes are "molested or regulated" way to much.

the zx-14 dosent have a wire mod needed, the bike rules.

·
Registered
63 Posts
easy guys! there IS A WIRE mod on the ZX6R(636) that DOES add 5 PEAK hp and 9 hp at revlimit. THe US ZX6 is restricted up top by the oem exhaust valve..it OVERLY opens and actually starts to re-shut thus cutting hp...if you jump two wires (aka just like euro come stock) it will not allow the exhaust valve to "over rotate" at high rpm and you will see it pick up 4-5 peak hp and up to 10hp at the max rpm(limiter)

However, no such luck on the 14. We are just finishing up one for a magazine (it has arata full ti, BST carbon wheels, ceramic brakes, gearing, shield, billet case covers, elec shifter, yada, yada, yada) ill post up pics of it....gonna be awesome!

·
Registered
389 Posts
when you chip it (ie the ivan chip) the shift indicator only shows it is in 6th gear right????? is there any other way to remove the timing retarding without this problem??

·
Registered
602 Posts
EDR1 the wire mod doesn't control the butterfly valve in the exhuast(seen videos of the valve while the bike was on the dyno under load with and without the mod showing that the valve behaves the same and i've also seen it work with a full system) it controls timing and/or fuel.

zx14dreamz from what i've heard gipro sells a gear indicator with a built in tre so if the ivans chip is causing a problem maybe that's the route to go

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
adamJ said:
EDR1 the wire mod doesn't control the butterfly valve in the exhuast it controls timing and/or fuel.
ding ding ding ding:D They're restricted (retarded) for noise reg's
A stock 14 is good for 9.5's +/-. That's pretty fuggin quick last time I checked. We've removed the secondaries on a bunch of 14's for customers. It's easy to do, but I'd remove the TB's first. The screws are very small, and if you drop one down the intake, you'll have to get up-close and personal with the top end of the motor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Advanced Kawasaki said:
ding ding ding ding:D They're restricted (retarded) for noise reg's
A stock 14 is good for 9.5's +/-. That's pretty fuggin quick last time I checked. We've removed the secondaries on a bunch of 14's for customers. It's easy to do, but I'd remove the TB's first. The screws are very small, and if you drop one down the intake, you'll have to get up-close and personal with the top end of the motor
What are Tb'S[?]

tx Joe

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
wow.. I can't imagine owning a 14 and wanting to make it faster.. sounds silly

and do you homework folks... the wire mod on zx-6r does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to change the opening and closing of the exhaust valve. This is kind of like an urban legend here at kawiforums

1 - 18 of 18 Posts