Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I currently have the Dunlop Qualifier tires on my bike. I have put on almost 11,000 miles this year and will need new tires yesterday. I love the way these tires handle, but can anyone suggest a tire that might handle close to these, but that I may be able to get more miles on. Does anyone know anything about the Dunlop D220?

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
i run the pirelli diablo's and i love them. HAve great grip and warm up faster than the dunlop 208's (the model previous to the qualifer. THey also seem to have a great tread life.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've heard that Pirelli Diablo Stradas or Metzeler Z6s come highly recommended from those who have used them. A good combination of grip and mileage.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am running the d220 on front and back and they are nice 1000 miles so far and i still have nubs :) But I wouldnt take them knee dragging mind you I drive hard on the street and no problems but I dont think I would try to push them that hard. I just couldnt take the tail of the dragon at 50 mph in them :)
Peace and love Ron

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bridgestone b-14 I promise 8000 mile on them, good tread life, good feel for the roads, good in the rain....I am sold on them for the street, pilot powers, diablos only get about 6000 b4 the wear down.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
I'd look at the Diablo Strada's. I've run Diablo's the last couple years, and loved them, so this year I tried the Diablo Strada's. They are an extended mileage version.
Grip was still quite good, I was able to get a knee down in the same spots I used to on the standard Diablo's.
Mileage I haven't got to judge after getting smoked by a car, but they looked brand new after about 3000 miles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I have 11,000 miles on my Dunlop Qualifiers. I will need to research all of these tires you guys mention to see if anyone has gotten that good of mileage on them. I would love to find tires that could last 15,000 miles but still grip hard on those twisty's.

:D

·
Registered
891 Posts
You want a tire you can pull 15k out of and grip all the way to the side on the twisties?

good luck, but you're gonna have to compromise either some lean, or some miles. expecting 15k out of bike tires is pretty vain IMO.

·
Registered
474 Posts
11k miles out of a sportbike tire is excellent. especially d209s (qualifiers) which are reported to have excellent grip.

I really doubt you are going to find many tires that get over 10k miles and offer anything close to the handling characteristics of the qualifiers. I am actually surprised you got that many out of those tires..

·
Registered
18 Posts
I run the Qualifiers on my bike ... only got about 5000 mi. this summer in the extreme heat. I'm hoping that I can get 7 -8ooo on this set. 13,000 is my best so far but it was on a sport tour tire. I like the performance of the Qualifier to go back to a sport tour tire.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I don't see myself getting over 3,500 on stock.
My front is even wearing down faster than my rear it seems which I find odd.
Most likely cause I front brake a lot more than i should.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Deleted due to me not realising this was a dead thread. [:M77]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts