Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
i could only imagine the power a 636 would put out with a turbo kit look out liter bikes. I dont think the front end would stay down but im also looking at the shandy turbo kits as well so any advice would be helpful.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
looks pretty shandy to me....what the fuck is with the rear mount turbo? Especially for a 600cc bike...
Maybe they have been seeing all the STS turbos for cars and thought they would be unique...

i am going to see if i can get calisportbikes to do a Supercharger for our bike...turbos are fucking junk on bikes if you actually want to ride the bike in the twisties..

they have a mild 200RWHP gsxr1000 already, and its all progressive no big hit

·
Registered
85 Posts
Turbos need the heat as well as gas flow, do not imagine it's very efficient back there, still I suppose it must work to some degree ? Still it's gotta be cheaper to just buy a thou and have the reliability to go with it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
seems to me like it's just something to say that you have because you can't really outride anyone. it takes a hell of a rider to get every last drop out of one of these bikes on the track after just a few mods. IMO real men don't need turbo or nos because real men know how to corner and ride the shit out of their bikes.

PS (to original poster)...sorry to see rossi blow his engine at Seca...i was right there on the straight watching it, he was well out of the race already though. and oh yeah let's hear for the kentucky kid's second consecutive victory

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I thought the idea of a turbo is to force the air as quick as poss into the motor..? I would have thought it'd loose heaps of pressure and effectiveness back there.. plus looks just weird..

·
Registered
301 Posts
who wants all that extra weight on the rear with added horse power, the turbo would be on there about one ride before you looped the bitch and ripped that turbo off.

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
still thinking that looks like total shit and i dont care how much power it makes, would be like damn that looks like shit, big hemoroid hanging out the back of the bike..
Basically someone is lacking or lazy on the fabrication process and wants to put it out back...

for the cbr1000RR there i a sweet as supercharger kit out there 200rwhp and totally streetable, same for the zx10r..thats what i am wanting...STREETABLE/Track ridable

maybe thats what i will do next,,,,supercharged liter bike [:M6]

But then again what about the fastest 636 on the planet?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
another thing.. ride that thing in the rain, and the turbo is just gonna suck up everything the rear tire kicks up at it

·
Registered
240 Posts
who the fuck engineers something like that, they must have absolutely no concept of exactly how the turbo works(shortest distance, highest pressure is the key), no clue of what a back tire kicks up, and not a bit of design sense. all in all i'm guessing it costs a shit ton too, meaning that this must be a bigger joke than "snakes on a mutha fuckin plane"

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was on there website not too long ago and i believe they had a front mount kit i hate the rear mount its fugly but it could have been my imagination for a front mount kit it was like 500-1000 dollars more too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.