Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show a few pictures of your bike as it is now. Any pics of the progress of the conversion would also be appreciated. Thanks.

-J

·
Registered
464 Posts
The king eh?[8D] hehe, I like the sounds of that.

Mine is ugly right now, but by spring the body work and paint will be done and it'll be a headturner.

Specs:
05 ZZR600
ZX7R front suspension w/ZX6R wheels and brakes
Z1000 bars & extended brake lines
Raised rear suspension
Stubby exhaust
Custom headlight and nose fairing
And a few other odds and ends

By next spring:
Fully custom (done by yours truely) fiberglass bodywork
Raised subframe
Frame blacked out
Custom RAM intakes
Painted gloss black with twin silver race stripes over the top.

Heres a few pics starting when I got it about a year ago plus one of my 250 fighter:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I used clipons, not woodcrafts. The only reason the fit on my bike is because it is naked. They wouldnt fit on a bike with stock plastics, and because the clipons would smack the tank (unless you weld up the steering stops on the neck)it limits your turning radius when you need to back the bike up and turn it around. Otherwise though it rides fine, never had clearance issues riding. Gives the bike a much more flickable nature, and handles great in the twisties. Just needs stiffer springs up front.

Oh and I have no idea what brand the bars are. I got em from a shop in Canada, the catalog just said "cafe racer style clipons" thats all. Any clipons that are the right size for the forks will fit though.

Have you checked out www.ninja250.net yet? GREAT source of 250 info and a great riding community.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ya I check out that website quite a bit, seems to be a lot less active though the last few months. I was just curious if you had done anything with the clipons that someone over there hadn't figured out yet. Didn't want to spend all that money on the woodcrafts. When I get a 600 will probably strip the plastics off the 250 and turn it into a streetfighter. I like what you did with the headlight. I heard they aren't very bright, how well does it work? Was mounting it difficult?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.