Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
October issue thats just out they have Yoshima (some race developer) turning a stock 05 RR into a full race bike. When he first starts to dimantle the engine he goes on for a couple of paragraphs on how awesome the engine comes stock. They had planned on port polishing the intakes and they said the RR's polish job was so good it didnt need any work, also he raves on the oil pump and how its race worthy and some other things like the cams and the racing transmission. Also he talks about the cooling system. He does dyno runs before and after his work too.

Just go to the supermarket and read the article cause I cant remember all the stuff that he talked about, theres alot more though its like 3 pages.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
It made me feel better about choosing my 600rr over the 636. I can barely wait for my kit ECU to come in from my dealership.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Originally posted by CHRISZX6RR
Yea it was awesome to hear how the first thing he did was put on the race kit ecu and gained 8hp.
Mine came in the mail the other day. Got reading. I was surprised he switch to the Yosh full system because of the better power out put.:D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Both the 636 and the 600RR have mostly the same setup as far as being a factory hoss. Kawi did it right on all their bikes.

I got the 636 and my buddy got the 600RR and i beat him everytime we race so that says something for the 636. And yes we both ride well! Both are nice bikes though either way.

What race ECU gained 8hp?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The race ECU on the rr is good for 8-10 hp or 3 hp on the 636. It should just about level the hp difference between the 2 bikes.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well i got an akrapovic full exhaust, bmc filter and power commander mapped for it so im sure im gaining alot more from my complete setup than just that ecu alone.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now you should add the race ecu to go along with the powercommander, I think people dont understand what the race ecu is, it totally replaces the stock computer on the bike with the "race version". Powercommanders dont even need to be ran with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.