Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Keith Code's California Superbike School at Texas World Speedway near College Station, Texas. Spent two days taking level 1 and 2 on their '03 ZX-6Rs. During lunch break I would pick the chief mechanics brain on the school bikes. A few of the things I learned was that the bikes never break. They have about 30 bikes and they have lunched one transmission and that is it. They run 31 front, 29 rear on 208 Dunlops. They use Silkolene 15w50 oil because that is what they get for free. Every thing on the bikes is factory except plastic. They pull the stock stuff off and store it and use just the Shark Skinz upper with no belly pan.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Sweet. But what about the actual school? How'd ya make out? Is the school as good as the reputation it has? Did ya surprise yourself?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The school is great. I learned more in two days than I could have learned in two years knocking around on the street. Keith Code is an interesting fellow and an excellent teacher. He does all the classroom stuff. There are also on-track instructor who are on bikes and watch what you do and demonstrate proper technique all at 100 mph or better.

I don't know how this school compares with other schools but you will end up going far faster by spending $1,000 on a school rather than up-grading the bike.

The school also has 1 ZX-6RR and several '00-02 ZX-6R and ZX-9R that instructors use. They use an EX250 as a brake demonstration bike and some 955 Triumphs for their wheelie school.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
So it was well worth it huh! What was the total cost, including hotel, food, hookers, etc. :) (you can pass on the hookers, I needed a joke this morning)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am a cheap bastard so . . . the school costs $400 per day with your bike, $600 per day using theirs, I used theirs as did most of the others. Gear is $50 per day which includes helmet, leathers, boots and gloves. They cut me a deal on a second day because they weren't full, $400 using their bike. It cost me $1,100 for two days.

Being an old Ranger, I of course slept in the woods and ate out of my ruck most of the time. They have what they call snacks available to the students during the day but it is everything from coffee and pasteries to hard boiled eggs, peanut butter and jelly so you can get by eating during the day off of them. They give you a 40 minute lunch break but it is not enough time to leave the track and get back. There were showers at the track.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I took two days of their last level at the previous stop, Jennings GP. Level 3 covers body positioning, and is the one I like the most. Level 4 covers anything you like, and is designed using a questionnaire you fill out before the day. Level 4 does not have its own seminars, but its students can attend any seminar of any other level during the day and ride once or twice more than other students.

I have also attended CLASS and STAR, which are quite good, but learn the most from CSS.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dude will it be offered there again...I am in houston and would drive down for that....do you have to be very experienced to attend???

·
Registered
700 Posts
I plan to go to CSS at the streets of willow springs if time permits in October. Only for one day though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.