Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who still makes racing airboxes for these bikes?

I know airtech makes 2 or 3 snorkel boxes but they are enclosed with a cover and ideally I am looking for one which uses the underside of the fuel tank as the airbox cover.

I know that Sebimoto in the czech republic used to make these but all I found was the description "airbox" and a price with a 3 week delay from a local importer but no description or photo available, I tried sending 3 e-mails to sebimoto but with no reply.

I heard from one guy in an interview in a magazine that there are aparently 3 manufacturers in the world who makes airboxes like these but can't find anything solid.

Anyone know where I can find one? Even used or damaged would intrest me but ebay came up with nothing so far.

(Write up coming soon!)

·
Registered
68 Posts
squidskins says he makes them.. they are not on his site but I asked and he said yes.. ~150 for the 96-03 version.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That just looks beautiful the carbon tubes that enter the air box makes me think of the Scott Russel 1993 ZX-7R. Is that the one from squid skins? And hey CCmhunt you say you got 2 FIM kit carbon air boxes? Interested in selling one?

·
Registered
22 Posts
That just looks beautiful the carbon tubes that enter the air box makes me think of the Scott Russel 1993 ZX-7R. Is that the one from squid skins? And hey CCmhunt you say you got 2 FIM kit carbon air boxes? Interested in selling one?
Hell, I have 3 of the FIM carbon ones now, just got another..... Might sell one.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if you do decide to sell one post or PM me a photo of it and how much youre asking for, I'm still not 100% sure I want to go with sebimoto and I'm pretty used to "big" shipping costs :p

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I contacted squid skins. Got in touch with a really cool guy by e-mail, said the ram air tubes would be 100 a pair and 150 for the air box in fiberglass. Airbox has the carbs sit inside but it has its own lid. Bad news was the cheapest shipping quote he could get was 560 dollars from DHL! Pretty let down because it seemed almost too good to be true.

Sebimoto's should use the tank as a lid according to one builder who was featured in a uk magazine recently but if it doesn't fit the stock tank then that's going to be a big problem for me as I have no plans to get a custom made tank nor have I been able to find an endurance tank anywhere in switzerland or the UK either than mounted on top of someone's bike that he wouldn't dream of parting out or selling!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I contacted squid skins. Got in touch with a really cool guy by e-mail, said the ram air tubes would be 100 a pair and 150 for the air box in fiberglass. Airbox has the carbs sit inside but it has its own lid. Bad news was the cheapest shipping quote he could get was 560 dollars from DHL! Pretty let down because it seemed almost too good to be true.

Sebimoto's should use the tank as a lid according to one builder who was featured in a uk magazine recently but if it doesn't fit the stock tank then that's going to be a big problem for me as I have no plans to get a custom made tank nor have I been able to find an endurance tank anywhere in switzerland or the UK either than mounted on top of someone's bike that he wouldn't dream of parting out or selling!
Weird, I just bought my 4th ally race tank and I know someone in Germany with a brand new ally race tank, 750€.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
3 airboxes and 4 ally tanks? Seriously all i got is a used two scoop carbon airbox and an ally endurance tank that needs welding for my 93 zx-7r. Do you buy everything in triple???

I manage to find kit engine parts in the uk from time to time but never anything as big as a full tank. But I have to admit that I have never searched in germany and only a little bit in france. I don't speak german and I got no car and I'm more than 5 hours away from the german border, more often than not either I can't get it shipped or it gets sold before I show up or find the budget.

Either way an ally tank at 750 euros is way out of my current budget and is a bit expensive as an air box lid...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well the 3rd carbon airbox came as a part of a flat slides /airbox package deal. And it was in better shape than on of my others so I will sell of the worst shape airbox.
Here is the tank I just bought

·
Registered
597 Posts
Does anyone know who still makes racing airboxes for these bikes?

I know airtech makes 2 or 3 snorkel boxes but they are enclosed with a cover and ideally I am looking for one which uses the underside of the fuel tank as the airbox cover.

I know that Sebimoto in the czech republic used to make these but all I found was the description "airbox" and a price with a 3 week delay from a local importer but no description or photo available, I tried sending 3 e-mails to sebimoto but with no reply.

I heard from one guy in an interview in a magazine that there are aparently 3 manufacturers in the world who makes airboxes like these but can't find anything solid.

Anyone know where I can find one? Even used or damaged would intrest me but ebay came up with nothing so far.

(Write up coming soon!)

I'd like to see some pics of your 93, but I'm biased that way.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You mean my 1993 m model zx-7r/zxr750r? I'm starting to rebuild it for 2014, at the moment there are a ton on pieces missing (engine parts in particular!) but the fact that I got a modified swing arm, braced frame, carbon air box with two snorkels a set of fcr 41's and an ally tank waiting for it gives motivates me. Plus a recent copy of a french motorcycle racing magazine re-published a test of Scott Russell's 1993 WSBK winning bike and originally I wanted to make a look-a-like with old school colors and everything!

I have so few pieces left to find to finish the 1997 P model though I really want to finish it and ride it next season before really getting into the 1993 model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Weird, I just bought my 4th ally race tank and I know someone in Germany with a brand new ally race tank, 750€.

Hello,

I'm ludovic, I live in France and I have a ZX7RR. I will be interested to buy a endurance tank. You know someone in germany if I understand.

Is it possible to have the contact details?

Thank you

Best regards

Ludovic

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's not a endurance tank, it's a sprint tank, although I did just buy a dual filler ex Hawk kawasaki endurance tank to add to my collection.
I might give you his info, but not until I am done getting what I need, and that may be a few months at this rate.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks a lot for all the replies everyone, tons of info and I'm pretty sure what I want to do. Looking at the price differences and whats out there in general I will probably take the risk and order the sebimoto one first. If i actually receive it but the tank doesn't fit then I'll decide between shelling out for a tank or simply modifying my stock one. The tank was already painted by a friend before, it has a quarter turn filler cap and filled to the brim with tank foam and Id hate to waste all of that after such little time. Plus I already made my own alloy brackets and converted it into a quick release tank for carb testing.

Otherwise I'll look into the UK firm Jon_ZX7R linked but at £250 for what is described as a glass fibre air box seems pretty expensive for me right now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts