Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
The short answer is "No".

The long answer is "It depends on how much work you want to do".

This question gets asked a lot. We (the forum) have never seen any proof of it being done.

I used to have both a ZX-6R and a ZX-9R at the same time, and there is no way that the engine will fit without some major cutting and re-welding of the ZX-6R frame.

·
Registered
939 Posts
the 9 motor is 4 inchs to wide for the 6 frame. the only engine that could work would be the new 10r but still a hell of alot of work plus the chasis isnt desighned to handle that kind of power. if you want to go faster it would be 100x easier to just sell your bike and buy a bigger one

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the answers. You guys are like an encyclopedia of information. I am looking at getting a used zx-10r next summer. Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then this is what I am doing. I already have two heads with a head porter. I bought one of eBay for $41.50 shipped .it was damaged when a con rod broke. The damaged one is going to be cut up in slices so the head porter can see how much he can port. I bought carbs off of a 2002 zx-6r because factory pro tuning sells a RACE carb kit for it. The exhaust will either be modified or I might make my own. Last an ignition advancer. I am designing it on dynomation so depending on what the software likes with the stock cam profile and new head flow numbers will determine what my exhaust geometry should be. It won’t be done until next summer so wish me luck and I am looking to see what it will dyno at. and halfadozen, i will keep that in mind for my next bike.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Good luck with it. It should be interesting at the very least. [:M86]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.