Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Zx10
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had to replace my stator 4 times so far (the first time at under 1k miles), and this last time at 78k I also replaced the rectifier.
Now at 78,550k it is not charging AGAIN. Ugh...Is the any other possible problem i.e a relay or a bad ground or something else simple? Or am i just wishful thinking?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Do you know if the parts are Genuine or Pattern and if they are pattern parts what make., Where were they sourced ?

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Zx10
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The first replacement was OEM but the following were after market but not sure where from exactly. I got them off Amazon. Probably China.

·
Registered
212 Posts
replacing stators based on precisely what testing criteria?

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Zx10
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't actually di the work/testing myself, but I watched and they tested the relay coming off the battery with the results apparently concluding the battery was not charging.

·
Registered
212 Posts
stator replacement should be based solely upon results based on both a static (non-running) and a dynamic (bike running) output test, stator disconnected from system (bike WILL run provided battery is charged)

link to a youtube vid using an ATV

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Zx10
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh. Ok. I want to.say that they did that before replacement before but now I'm on my own is why I was hoping it could be something simple. I am going to.look on YouTube how to run the tests you mentioned as I do have all necessary tools.and meters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You would be better following the instructions in the service manual. You can download it from here:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts