Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
it only fits with special bracket mount
some people get the bracket mount, some people just get an ohlins specific for the 07/08 since the off the shelf Ohlins damper is much better than the factory zx10 one

i've seen threads about it here before, try a quick search should come up with some better info

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Will a 2007 zx10 ohlins steering damper fit the 07/08 zx6r?
It doesnt matter if it did anyways. The damper you get stock on the 10 and the one you could buy aftermarket are 2 different things. The stock one had the internals changed by Ohlins because Kawi didnt want liability.

Basically they changed the neddle inside and drilled it out so more fluid would flow, therefore only dampening under "extreme" or sudden situations i.e. normal road conditions. But take it on a track and it will suck. It does want it needs to do for sudden bumps on the road but for everyday riding it really doesnt dampen like the aftermarket one would, by any means. You can however send it in and have someone rebuild it with the stock (non drilled) needled to it will work 100%

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i say to get it...i would think having a steering damper would be better than not having one at all right? Plus i was going to steal my bro's off his ZX-10 while he was on deployment but i didn't feel like having to take that bracket off...plus it's only $150.00??? i say do it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.