Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the correct tyre pressures for road use?

METZELER SPORTEC M3 Front 120/70 ZR 17
Rear 190/50 ZR 17

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
recomended is probably 36 front 42 rear. I'd lower it somewhat. Maybe 32-33 front 35-36 rear. MAybe lower if riding very aggressive or track.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
So how you like the M3's? That's all I'm using from now on. Excellent tires! Once people start trying them out, I think they're gonna be the standard over the PP's. As for your psi question, I'm on the 636 running 32/32. On the 10, being heavier I'm not sure the proper psi for you, but I'd guess 36/36 should be good depending on where and how you ride. Freeway - more pressure. Agressive twists - less for better grip.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by hokie636
So how you like the M3's? That's all I'm using from now on. Excellent tires! Once people start trying them out, I think they're gonna be the standard over the PP's. As for your psi question, I'm on the 636 running 32/32. On the 10, being heavier I'm not sure the proper psi for you, but I'd guess 36/36 should be good depending on where and how you ride. Freeway - more pressure. Agressive twists - less for better grip.
I'm still debating on whether or not to get a set of PP's so we can do some comparison riding, or to just go with the M3's since you like them so much. It's hard to say which is a better tire without actually experiencing them both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.