Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jesus christ almighty!!! how do u guys pay for insurance on the 10R? i was interested in buying a 10R 'till i started looking for insurance quotes. maybe ya'll can help me.

i'm a 22 year old male,

have one minor ticket on record (passing on right)

the bike is garaged & in my name only,

it will be full coverage.

what do people here pay for insurance in a similar situation as me? who do you use? i have progressive right now & they quoted me 618/month, gieco said 572/month. god i want this bike but i could buy a nice car & insure it for this plus the payment on the bike, please help me here & tell me about other insurance companies that aren't always on tv & can give lower rates, i need help!!! thanks in advance for the help everyone.

Raymond.

·
Registered
22 Posts
dude if your 22 ur screwed. im 28 without any tickets over 10 years riding experience and numerous safety course as well as being a motorcycle cop and i still get hit for 1450 and year. try Foremost Ins. thats who i have. they will replace your bike if its stolen within the first 2 years of coverage. no else does that. give it a shot. good luck

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have State Farm and pay like $53/ month. Then again I have my car, house, bike, and life insurance with them. And being 32 with my m class for 14 years helps too. I remember being your age and not being able too afford the insurance too. Try State Farm and tell them you will switch your car to them if you have a car, it might help.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gnance has got it. STATE FARM I have one accident (my fault), and one speeding ticket. I am 21 and got full coverage throught them for $1113 a year about $95 a month. It also really does help anywhere to have more than one policy with the compan like mention above.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
& all these are full coverage? thanks, any more ideas out there? I'm also considering a busa (please don't yell at me) 'cause it's an 05.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
& can i really lie about my age?! without goin' to jail or anything of course.

·
Registered
145 Posts
STATE FARM!! I pay $500 a year, full coverage. Got gap insurance through the dealer, separately. I also have a boat, 2 cars, renter's insurance and life insurance through them. I give them a vin# and I am covered that minute! I am 33 yrs old. Age plays a big role. For ex, I paid $550 a year 10 years ago for my Honda VFR 750.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
There are a lot of factors that go into your premium cost, bro.. Credit, zip code, past claims, violations, age, marital status, etc.. Sometimes even things like other people living in your household can cause your premium to go up or down. Ultimately, it's a big boss of a sportbike and you're a young rider (like me. i'm also 22), and it's going to be expensive no matter what. $600 a month is a little outrageous though. I would honestly expect, in a perfect scenario, for you to still have to pay at least $150-250 a month for a 10R, being 22 years old. Maybe more. I'm being sort of lenient.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you put enough money down to get the financed amount below $10,000 you can get liability only .I pay $88 a year through Geico.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Believe triple A only requires that bikes above 999 cc need full coverage, heard this from the sales manager @ the Kawi dealer so not sure how credible the info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW. I m 26 y/o just moved to the states last year and I pay $87/month full coverage with State Farm. I also still have a very hefty speeding ticket on my record I got in Canada, on my 2000 R6. 230km/hr in a 85km/hr road, and an accident. But I also have a car and home owners insurance with them. Give em a call and see what they can do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you ride, you really need to make sure you are covered insurance wise. It will suck if you carry plpd only and get in a wreck with someone that either doesn't carry insurance or carries the state minimum. Who will pay your med bills? Pay you if you miss work?

I speak from experience here. The guy that caused my wreck 3 years ago, only carried state minimum (which is 7500/12000). I was carrying 50000/100000 at the time. Barely covered all my expenses. Now I carry 100k/300k on all my vehicles.

Stay away from Allstate. They SUCK. I would start with State Farm, as others have suggested. I had 2 speeding tickets on my record and even with carrying the high coverages, I only pay $660 year.

·
Registered
164 Posts
WOW, I am getting screwed hard. I was planning on upgrading to a 10r next year and I got quoted $12k a year for it ! Right now I pay $250 a month for my zzr thru progressive. Im 27 but I have 3 speeding tickets on my record. Supposedly after one of them goes off my record I can get "regular" insurance with a company like allstate or state farm and then I will see if I could afford insuring a 10r. The only thing that kept me from getting a 636 this year was the insurance cost. They wanted me to pay $500 a month for a 636 so I opted for the zzr.

·
Registered
484 Posts
22 No tickets progressive $1600 a year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have state farm also and i have a 05 mustang gt 2 tickets in that car 89 olds delta88 1 ticket in that car and a 01 zx12r 0 tickets and i pay 202.00 a month i think state farm is the best iv had so far and i live in tucson az
cars and home r all with them

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.