Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Honda has released a beast though that CBR1000RR is kicken ass at Daytona and it hasnt even been set up to Ben Bostroms style yet. There is nothing stock about the CBR1000RR the bike looks totally different than the road bike.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie
Guys, it's December testing. Patience young jedis...
Wow, what about that R1. That is one hell of a showing have two riders in the top 4 on a stock bike with only slip on graves exhaust, and dunlop tires.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by falconeight
It looks like Honda has released a beast though that CBR1000RR is kicken ass at Daytona and it hasnt even been set up to Ben Bostroms style yet. There is nothing stock about the CBR1000RR the bike looks totally different than the road bike.
It one buy 1 second, it is impressive. However the Honda and GSX1K were the only race prepped bikes out there. The new 10R and Yamaha only had slip on exhausts and dunlop tires.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will get there give it time. Honda came out with a beast but I dont think it has the longevity of the Ducati at Daytona maybe ate the other tracks but the V-Twin will win because of tires.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
damn the kawi is out by ~2 seconds!! holy hell... i knew the R1 would leave a good impression...but i'd put that all down to the rider (for all the bikes)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by spartan 116
damn the kawi is out by ~2 seconds!! holy hell... i knew the R1 would leave a good impression...but i'd put that all down to the rider (for all the bikes)
Kawasaki didn't have to shabby of riders cruising the new ride. But this is after all the first test of many to come. Just an impressive show for the CBR and R1.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Give the bike and the riders time. It'll come around. Could use a kickass rider. Can't believe they let Bostrom go! [xx(]

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by kawboy444
Give the bike and the riders time. It'll come around. Could use a kickass rider. Can't believe they let Bostrom go! [xx(]
Well, even though this is a new experiance for Tommy, I think people are under estimating him. He owned in superstock this year, and now he has a faster bike to take on the competition. I say he is going to be very competitive.

·
Registered
534 Posts
n00b question:
whats the difference between superbike and superstock? besides the given, they're different classes.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Superstock is a road bike that has minor tuning, aftermarket exhaust, can have dampers fitted, quickshifters, and know will be running on slicks, and they have to use the forks but they can have the internals replaced, and the rear shock can be aftermarket.

Superbike only has to maintain the chasis and engine, basically everything can be changed but there are rules that they must follow that are very complicated. And the superbikes basically go faster and win more races due to there being more tuning to the engine, suspension, and such to fit the track that they are racing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.