Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since they are all new designs are there any specs or test saying which one will be the most powerful for 2004?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
It would be safe to say that most of us here simply would not be able to extract the full potential of these motorcycles. Not even to the last 20%.

It's a sure thing that anyone here would be totally happy with the power output any of these liter bikes produce.

Finally, it's damn near sure that these things shouldn't even be street legal! But, so long as they are, I think I'll take one. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Originally posted by Strong Bad

It would be safe to say that most of us here simply would not be able to extract the full potential of these motorcycles. Not even to the last 20%.

It's a sure thing that anyone here would be totally happy with the power output any of these liter bikes produce.

Finally, it's damn near sure that these things shouldn't even be street legal! But, so long as they are, I think I'll take one. :D
A-Men Botha

That quote is probably the most true and non-squidly thing ever posted on any site.

But I will still stick with TEAM GREEN

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yamaha's claimed 180hp at the crank probably won't be enough to top Kawi's claimed 165hp at the wheel, and both sound well up on the Gixxer thou. The Honda is reportedly down on power to the others so they say.

Of course, manufacturer horsepower claims mean about as much as marriage vows to a movie star, so we'll have to wait till they're released to the testers...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

Yamaha's claimed 180hp at the crank probably won't be enough to top Kawi's claimed 165hp at the wheel, and both sound well up on the Gixxer thou. The Honda is reportedly down on power to the others so they say.
Has Kawasaki really released official horsepower specifications for the ZX-10R? I have not seen any information about that. 165 hp from the rear seems a bit optimistic.

Judging from the specs, I would gues that the R1 will be the most powerfull of the litre bike bunch in 2004. It is so short stroke, that it allows more revs, which usually means more power. Yamaha also claims that the maximum power will be at 12500 rpm, which is very high for a 1000cc road machine. 600's usually make their maximum power at that kind of rpm's.

The Suzuki is already so powerfull, that it will be hard to beat (and not only in terms of power). My second gues is, that if the R1 or the ZX-10R is going to be more powerfull that the GSX-R 1000, it will be a matter of only few ponies, maybe 1-3 measured from the back wheel.

Well, just my thoughts. Hopefully we will see them strapped on a dyno soon and see the real figures.

Of course, manufacturer horsepower claims mean about as much as marriage vows to a movie star, so we'll have to wait till they're released to the testers...
Yep. That's the reality. And I think that all 4 of them will be so powerfull, that few ponies here or there doesn't mean sh*t [:p]

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
MCN (Motorcycle News) has been showing a figure of 160hp for the new 10R for some time now, but I can't seem to find now the article I read that claimed 165hp. Regardless, as you say, they're all going to put out stoopit power, more than most mortals will ever be able to put to the ground effectively, especially on the street.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I drove my buddy's 01 gixxer 1000 a few days ago. I really don't know what I would do with all that power. Most of it's wasted (with me riding the bike). It's fun to read about though.

I guess I should also say that he rides that bike really well through the twisties. Nobody I ride with can touch him.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
my friend has a 03 gisxer 1000 it bad ass. it really hard to keep up with him on my 636.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In the December issue of Sport Rider, it shows that the zx-10r is actually going to have a 13,000rpm redline. Very high for a literbike.

·
Registered
401 Posts
kind of off subject, but is there any info for the gsxr-750's power

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Count on it being a slight increase in peak over the '03 which put out mid 120's. The engine has been completely overhauled with many of the tricks learned with the Thou.

·
Registered
305 Posts

MCN (Motorcycle News) has been showing a figure of 160hp for the new 10R for some time now, but I can't seem to find now the article I read that claimed 165hp. Regardless, as you say, they're all going to put out stoopit power, more than most mortals will ever be able to put to the ground effectively, especially on the street.
Not to disagree but kawasaki.com usually has the spec's of the new Kawasaki's long before any magizine. When they put up the 636's figures no magizine had even ridden one yet. So far Kawasaki has not offically realsed dry weight specs, horse power specs, torque specs, etc. And I sincerlly doubt that MCN knows anything more than a guesstimate.

Besides I only believe manificaturing claims after I see them dyno'ed by a few different magizines.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I hope the 10r is the real deal(not just motor).I also root for the R1 just because they've always been a killer bike IMO. They both have to do more than make big power to dethrone the GSXR1k though because that really is a complete package....the gixxer does everything really well.....regardless its a great time to be sport biker.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Remember HP sells bikes. Unfortunately that is the first thing that someone who doesn't own a bike says when they ask you about your ride. "How much HP is it?" This gets really bad when the girls ask the same question. Thus, guys and gals will continue to beg for more HPs when their skill level is that of even a 250cc. The factories respond by building ridiculous amounts of power stuffed into a frame with two wheels. How many of you have been to bike nights where 80% or more of the people have never been to a track or formal school?

I am not knocking on the 1000cc class and those that would dare riding them on the street. The bikes are works of beauty R1, GSX-R, ZX10, RR 1000 and so forth. Without the right pilot, the bike will mean absolutely nothing. I was originally planning to get a R1 2004. After finally leveling with myself about how much I suck at the track, I decided that the 636 is all I need.

If I had to choose a bike in the 1000 class it would definitely be the one that handles better and I feel more comfortable on. Forget about the HPs. Come to the track and I will show you an instructor that will whoop anyone on his old Honda NSR 250.

But HEY! Its your money. Spend it as you please!

Just my .02

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Yup. Well said. In fact, the average rider will find himself more in control, learn how to ride better and faster more confidently, and way more than likely will cut better lap times on a ss 600 than a literbike, but you just can't tell people. If your goal is having the fastest bike on the road, then go nuts, but if you honestly think a literbike will help you cut better laps, I bet you're wrong, unless your skill level and riding experience are WELL above average.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.