Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 zx11D that was wrecked,but has good motor an elec. has anyone done this swap or know if its possible? Would i have to use the 11 exhaust on the 9 ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
i heard someone with a 1989-1990 zx7 frame who supposedly put a zx11 in it..i believe if i remember correctly its in level66.com its a sportbike forum and posting pics too..its on there but he shows the bike with full fairings ..oh well go check it out and see for yourself.um u be the judge

·
Registered
52 Posts
ok i found it and saved the pic...but anyway if u want go to www.level66.com ..in the left should be a icon "pics" right click it go to kawasaki , then go to zx7r ...then i think its on page 6... heres a pic though..u be the judge

·
Registered
52 Posts
after studying the 89-90 zx7 frame . it uses a engine cradle similar to the zx9,zx11. hmmmm. maybe it might fit. i think it will fit on a 94-97 zx9r by the looks of it. but then again i never tried to attempt it..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx,ill take a look at the site. think im just gonna tear them both apart an go for it anyway.

·
Registered
748 Posts
hmmm... well, i know the zx9 motor will fit into the zx7 frame with minor mod of the 7 frame... so i would think that if it is possible to squeeze the zx11 mill into the zx7 frame that the zx11 mill is not far off from the zx9 mill, thus being possible to mount in a zx9 frame. i'm thinking a zx9 chasis of the same era as the zx11 would work. hell, we've seen the zx9r with a zx10 mill.

besides, anything is possible with the right tools and $$. hehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.