Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the best clucth fibers to go with in the zx14? i drag race alot.. the stock clutchs went out about 3 weeks ago it has almost 10,000 miles.. i replaced the old clucths with barnets racing clucth package... springs, fibers ,and steel plates......the fibers did not impress me.. they only lasted 3 weeks and about 25 runs down the track?....whats the best to go with? and what web site can i find them on?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Go back to stock. I know a guy from the ZRX board who drags a 14. He tried some aftermarket steels and fibers and had better luck with the stockers. You can keep the aftermarket springs. It will help with the hook up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Use the stock clutches but make sure when you get the fibers that you get the right ones their are two that are diffrent the one on the inside and the one on the outside. if you are truley dragracing this bike as much as you say and the reason I ask this is because your clutch wouldent last 10,000 miles dragracing, it would be gone after 200 pases. but if you do then pay attention to you stack hight you can increase your stack high buy gettin the thicker steels but you will only need a couple to set them right also to save your clutches as said buy someone else in here to upgrade you springs I have brocks spring plus thier spacers this set up will last you longer that any other, my 14 is my drag bike and only my drag bike so i have alot of time making sure i have a good set up the other thing to tak into consideration is if you are streched or not if your not dont change the stock stack hight or you will weele like crazy also you might want to leave out the clutch spacers. have fun.......................

·
Registered
77 Posts
Use the stock clutches but make sure when you get the fibers that you get the right ones their are two that are diffrent the one on the inside and the one on the outside. if you are truley dragracing this bike as much as you say and the reason i saw this is because your clutch wouldent last 10000 miles dragracing it would be gone after 200 pases. but if you do then pay attention to you stack hight you can increase your stack high buy gettin the thicker steels but you will only need a couple to set them right also to save your clutches as said buy someone else in here to upgrade you springs I have brocks spring plus thier spacers this set up will last you longer that any other,my 14 is my drag bike and only my drag bike so i have alot of time making sure i have a good set up the other thing to tak into consideration is if you are streched or not if your not dont mees with the stock stack hight or you will weele like crazy also you might want to leave out the clutch spacers. have fun.......................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.