Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i know the recall has been beat to death on the forums im sure but I am just wanting to ask some of you guys what your opinion is... I want to get a bigger bike and am wanting to go either a new busa or zx14... the 1000 bikes just keep getting uglier and uglier starting with the new cbr and now the r1, and the kawi 10r.... anyways back to topic... I have heard that the first year of zx14's had the frame recall and stated that if it were indeed to break while riding it would result in injury or death... now that is definantly not what im looking for... I am in love with the body styling of the zx14 but I like the reputation of the busa a little more... have all you guys had any problems with your 14 or heard anything more about the recall and if it was corrected for the newer models???? thanks to all who post btw check out kawasaki.com and look at the new zx6r (its very dissapointing) and the new monster edition zx14 (Sweeeeeet!!!)

·
Registered
394 Posts
The recall was for 06' and 07's it included inspection and torque check and retorqueing of a couple of bolts. Mine and a buddy's where fine and nothing else was needed. The 08's were not included in the recall. So either buy an 08 or if you buy an 06' 07' insure that the bike was taken and inspected by a Kawi dealer and you should be fine. I feel totally confident in my 07' being ok and ride it without a second thought.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Just go out and pick up an 08 14 and you will be good no problems at all.. They worked out all the problems and also gained power...

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
:plusone:

the 08 is a great bike ive checked 2 06 frames so far 1 passed the torque inspection the other one failed teh torque but the frame passed the inspection. and both have been riden and ran at the track offten.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have had both the tip over throttle position sensor and my frame replaced via factory recall both repairs were handled quickly and right the first time.
When trying to compare bikes always look at how you will use them. I wanted a sporty long distance machine. The Kaw has better ergonomics, good aftermarket goodies including bars, bags etc. Add in the five year unlimited warranty and the smoothness, superior brakes and for me the choice was easy.
Ride both bikes, Check out the International Motorcycle Show and have fun.
don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts